Jay3 Lag Problem

Onni

ETlag_Winmtr.txt Jay3

ETlag2_Winmtr.txt Jay4

Hey!

So, I'm having a weird lag Jay3. I tested all other F|A servers and on those I have my regular ping; on US server around 150 and EU servers 80, BUT on Jay3 200+. The problem started 2 days ago.

Gubbi adviced me to use WinMTR and post the result here for help. Hope you can help, since I'm a total rookie with these things + I don't understand anything about this Winmtr ;). If I have done something wrong, let me know.

Thanks,

*Onni:]*

Edited by Onni

from what I have seen on your winmtr report for Jay3 everything works fine.. Almost no packets lost and a ping around your assessment.. Check if something is running on your pc like Win update for example and lowers your fps but your connection seems good to me..

*use your task manager in admin mode

Edited by Annibal

• Administrators

What kind of lag do you get? Can you enable lagometer and take screenshots? and show it to us? Take 5-6 screenshots with lagometer on and post here.

I guess their might be an issue with level 3 switch but it would be normal too. I will forward your winMTR to network team to get more info on level 3 hop.

lagometers.png

lagjay3.jpg

Those are from Jay3. I want to show you how the lagmeter looks on Jay4 with normal 80ping:

lagjay4.png

What kind of lag? Well, it's not same kind of lag which you get if you are downloading something. Warping all over the time, not just sometimes, Everything seems slow.

I have com_maxfps 125, FPS remains stable.

Edited by Onni

• Administrators

I did reverse tracing from server IP to yours and it was clean.

I am not sure what's causing that issue for jay3. Can you please run winMTR again with 500 packets with "Resolve Hostname" option disabled?

ETlag4.txt

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

CPU: Intel Core i5-3500K

RAM: 8GB Dual Kit Ripjaws X (2x4GB), DDR3 1600, F3-1280

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 LGA1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 CrossFireX ATX

Hard drive (IDE, PATA, SATA, etc):

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 560 GTX Ti

Wifi: LAN

Your location (country): Finland

ET Version: 2.60b

Router Name (If you use any): TeleWell TW-EA510 ADSL Modem Router

Which anti virus and firewall you use: Avast

Just found that 'How to recognize lag' - topic. However I don't believe the lag has anything to do with those since everything works fine on other servers + this problem started just a while ago. Restarted modem as Vanaraud suggested, didn't help :/

Edited by Onni

I'm also noticing a large increase in ping response from what I remember from forever ago on Jay3.

Typically I pull 50 ping on all US servers, ~150 ping on all EU servers, but Jay3 I'm at 300+.

I know at work we recently encountered some issues with DNS resolvers 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1; when we switched to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, things worked better/faster.

My lagometer looks much the same as Onni's.

Changed my rate and my maxpackets to no avail.

WinMTR_500.txt

• Administrators

Thanks for the update. I believe something is wrong. I run a trace from server to dfighter IP and ping was much less compare to Onni's one.

I believe something is wrong with this one "213.239.240.139".

Sended another email to datacenter.

I will keep you guys posted.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. I believe something is wrong. I run a trace from server to dfighter IP and ping was much less compare to Onni's one.

I believe something is wrong with this one "213.239.240.139".

Sended another email to datacenter.

I will keep you guys posted.

I love my ping :D specially when I don't have connection problems :P

But I notice indeed a certain amount of regulars who complaining about their ping too.

hope it that this was the problem and get fixed

• Administrators

I re run test again this morning.. and it seems issue is resolved? Can any of you please confirm?

Please run winMTR for 1000 packets and provide me results here.

I've got it running right now, but I can say I'm already seeing an improvement in response times.

I'll edit this post to upload the results when it finishes.

Did they say what the problem was? Or did it self resolve?

Edit: File attached.

WinMTR_1000.txt

Edited by SkyeDarkhawk

• Administrators

I've got it running right now, but I can say I'm already seeing an improvement in response times.

I'll edit this post to upload the results when it finishes.

Did they say what the problem was? Or did it self resolve?

Auto resolved, I believe or it could be auto resolved due to off peak time. Let's see how it works out since this problem started happening since last day or two.