English only???

Panamaniac

Language

5-10 seconds of conversations of say Hi, Hello, Bye, How are you? etc is fine. If they start talking in there language on server, my eyes starts bleeding.

If they start talking in there language for more then few sentences, tell them English only please. If some admin is helping some new player in there native language it is fine.

F|A Wiki

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ

We have a general rule of speaking English in public chat on all of our servers. Players can form a fireteam if they want to chat in another language or they can team chat. This is a delicate subject really. Some people are trolls and buttholes and will chat in a diff language even though they know the rules. Then there are the players that are new to the server and just dont know the rules. When thats the case we try to explain to them the rule(s).

I think that kicking somebody off the server based solely on that is a little extreme. He should have been warned twice and then muted. If he had already had multiple warnings or if he was disrespectful then that could have contributed to the kick.

• Like 1

You cannot mute a player* in COD4.

*You can mute their text chat from your end, but that only means that you cannot see what they write. Everyone else can still see what they write, so its not really effective in this case.

I do agree this was little extreme but it is a rule that we know. I only talk in Spanish when I am trying to help someone out with the server or applying, but other then that I try to stick to English.

The problem is that all servers are considered PG, and we expect players to be able to have a fun, safe harassment free experience. I can't tell if someone is harassing another player in German, for example.