Ban request - prownd name faker

PROWND

Hello I was told I could comment on a ban request of someone on FA hardcore who keeps showing up with my player name(with a zero instead of an O).

I heard there is no rule about using duplicate names, but the guy who was kicked repeatedly for it, keeps showing up again.

I know I cant put on FA tags and wouldnt.....but you let someone fake my tags and name??????????

I thought that there is a ban request made and was told I could comment on it.....is it in a protected forum?

There should be a rule about showing up with another players name that is known and a regular on the hardcore server.

So where is the thread I can comment on?

And what about a ban of a repeated annoyance such as this -- the player was kicked multiple times with my name and keeps coming back, and admins need to act.

The guy shows up to multiple FA servers with my name now.

It all started when I caught the dude flamethrowing the backs of teammates teambleeding and faking their names, and when I tk'd in retalliation this shit happens.

so low xp prownd from europe needs to be banned plz -- and let me get listplayers and see who it actually is :P

You reserve my name if i had a private slot? or would you still let that fool in while I am playing with that name?

Anyways what about a ban--check the logs that the fool keeps coming back after being warned and kicked and name changing back

There is no rule against duplicate names, however, when PB supported ET, PB didn't allow duplicate names, and I still follow that guideline. Duplicate names is a pain to deal with, so I end it immediately. It only leads to trolling.

Until this issue is resolved by higher admins, whether or not t issue a ban, just tell admins on the server via PM (if you have level 1+) or tell them in teamchat, fire team, etc... And we can take the appropriate action necessary.

Edited by Antichrist

Banning a member for a name dupe seems a bit harsh in my opinion, but i do understand that it is highly annoying like if he or she is insulting others and you get blamed for it, Ask an Admin to have a word with him but if he really doesn't want to change his name than i guess you can't ask for more i mean how many players are called killer :P?

• Administrators

I know I cant put on FA tags and wouldnt.....but you let someone fake my tags and name??????????

F|A Servers are F|A clan property. So on my property I apply the rules of F|A clan. In my rule book I allow the player called "daredevil" to play on my server because no one has copyright for their name.

If you have copyright of your name, please provide me proof. We so no reason to ban someone just because both players i.e. me and another one decided to use name "daredevil".

That being said if you know any player who is causing issue on server, I would suggest to do this:

1. Take screenshots as proof.

2. Take demo.

Once done, create a trouble report in ET complain section. We will check proof and based on that we will take action.

In the mean time you can also ask admin on server to take look into it and admin will take action as required.

The user that you have complained for is banned on our server for few days for:

1. Teamkilling

2. Trolling.

3. Team harassment.

4. General nuisance.

----------------

In future we might add feature to reserve your name on our server for the cost of 30$/year. So if any chooses your name, he/she would be auto kicked or auto renamed to ETPlayerxx. But that feature is not available right now.

-----------

IMP Note: If you will try to mock our clan tags on our server, you will end up in ban list of our server. Play nicely and no one will ever bother you. If you will try to seek attention you will get one but end result might not be good.

If you get any issues with player, don't act like him. Report the player and let admins deal with it.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Got back from vacation so I am replying late --

Ban... ya a bit harsh - kick that mofo :)

Lol ya fun times - im not mad, was just a bit distracting.

Daredevil -- good of you to reply - thx

The reserved playername idea sounds cool - who does the coding around here?

cya

for the record

I am almost positive the player who is a name faker and overall trouble maker is named -

ZEXY

ping matched exactly and was on server then off when name changed

and plays on other FA servers

for the record - ban as a nuisance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hhhhhh Dardevil aka hellretrun

are you serious?

protect a nickname for 30$ a year

come on tell me

i can code that thing in lua ,a complete Tag/nickname protection linked to db but switch to N!tmod first

first registered name in db is de facto protected against name stealing when a player choose Dardevil ,a !warn will appear telling him that this name is registered for a specific NGUID 30 seconds to rename or /autoaction: !rename ,kick or ban

hhhhhh Dardevil aka hellretrun

are you serious?

protect a nickname for 30$ a year

come on tell me

i can code that thing in lua ,a complete Tag/nickname protection linked to db but switch to N!tmod first

first registered name in db is de facto protected against name stealing when a player choose Dardevil ,a !warn will appear telling him that this name is registered for a specific NGUID 30 seconds to rename or /autoaction: !rename ,kick or ban

i believe the whole point of this topic is name stealing. name stealing involves using a name that belongs to someone else. in this case, as dare pointed out, for FA to act and defend your name because it 'belongs' to you, you need to provide proof that you have legally copyrighted that particular name. having said that, it seem the player in question is not exactly using the same name - (with a zero instead of an O).

i have seen many lefties out there. none compare to me, so i dilligaf? nope.

deal with it.

the problem is that Jaymod has no LUA support and popular F|A servers run this obsolete mod. Switching to a more advanced mod that has Jaymod features is simple

i dunno why F|A has no N!tmod server

IMO N!tmod is the most advanced mod available with built-in NxAC anticheat system (for next release) built-in User mail system embedded SQLite database embedded LUA interpreter advanced Dynamic Hitboxes custom commands custom votes system and it support both 2.55 and 2.6 clients

and has all Jaymod features execpt shotgun S-Mines and Crazy Gravity

• 3 weeks later...