Legal?

SpeedyBlade

It is called statutory rape to have sex with someone under the age of consent if you are older. Some countries/states that age is 18 some places its less than 18 but not many places these days are under 18. At least in the USA. It is also worth knowing that even if your "only dating" either set of parents can make a fuss and say you did have sex and get a person in serious trouble. Even if its consensual its still rape because the younger person hasn't reach the age where they can "give consent".

I'd google "age of consent in (your state or country here)".

• Like 1

yeah things are going great

what about when its her birthday and she becomes 17 and then 18 the year after that?

either keep it hidden, and im not supporting law braking here or anything, or just take a brake until you become 18.

are you guys really talking about that you cant have Girllfriend or boyfriend before you turn out some age which is written in law for you country? Or maybe im too dumb again and i dont understand half of this......

No talking about having sexual relationships. There are laws in place to protect the younger person. Although most people probably don't follow the law, its there because there are soo many predators around and young girls (and boys) can be quite naive and belive it when a guy/girl says they love them and want to be with them forever etc.

Yes in America, if an underaged boy (can be girl but using boy for example) has sex with an 18 or older girl, the boys parents could charge the the girl with statutory rape. Which means it was both consensual but underage.

• Like 1

No sex.just dating and that is it nothing more nothing less just dating

Well, then I think you're fine. You might want to be careful...someone may misinterpret what you have going on...I mean, you wouldn't be doing anything illegal, but it would still cause a bit of a headache...I found myself in a similar situation back in High School...dated a Freshman while I was a Senior (I know...I know...) and I had to live with the constant fear of being accused of statutory rape, as well as the constant assumptions that I was sleeping with her, and the criticisms that came with it. Just something to be aware of...