Slow processor, amd dual-core 5200+ win7 64bits and xp

Narug0

1. ingame i have same lag, special when hit, spot revealed, airmakers and VSAYS, even when cg_novoicechats 1, I have lot of spikes.

Just increase the value of com_soundmegs cvar. I prefer 160.

If you want to make those *megs values work you have to put them to your command line in your ET shortcut. Just right click on ET shortcut and click on properties of course, that's how to set it up properly (see screenshot):

89_1343489620.png

(192 is too big IMO but you can test it if you want to, just NEVER use higher values because it can decrease your FPS even more)

This is how it should look (they're my settings) (and I DO reccomend these values for you):

"D:\Gry\Wolfenstein Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_soundmegs 160

I'm personally getting stable 125 FPS with them.

Edited by Dragon!

lets see, with DDR2 at 64bit, normally I get atleast above 533+ MHz clock rate but your own is a bit low @ 380+ MHz only. I tried to check another PC here, it is showing DDR2 @ 667MHz.

So, could be your RAM speed is slowing down communication to proc? do you have a spare DDR2 so you can isolate that one? or it is the actual speed of your RAM?

Edited by PiNoY

lets see, with DDR2 at 64bit, normally I get atleast above 533+ MHz clock rate but your own is a bit low @ 380+ MHz only. I tried to check another PC here, it is showing DDR2 @ 667MHz.

So, could be your RAM speed is slowing down communication to proc? do you have a spare DDR2 so you can isolate that one? or it is the actual speed of your RAM?

Good point. In CPU-Z I see "Memory Frequency 386.8 MHz (CPU/7)", which is generally not good. Can you get the CPU-Z -> Memory -> FSB:DRAM? It should be 1:1. If it's not, go to the BIOS -> Advanced -> JumerFree Configuration. If CPU Overclocking and/or Memory clock are on manual, set it to auto and try again. If they are already on auto, set them to manual and set the Memory Clock Value on 200MHz. and CPU Frequency on 200MHz. Let DRAM Timing be on auto. In that case, the FSB:DRAM should be 1:1 or 2:1. In the latter case, set Memory Clock Value to 200MHz.

• Administrators

Is your harddrive set in the PIO mode? Go to Device Manager expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Double click the first IDE channel entry click on the Advanced settings and check the Current Transfer mode if it says PIO change to DMA if available then click Ok. Again double click on the first IDE channel and click on Advanced Settings now the current transfer mode should say Ultra DMA mode 5, click Ok. Restart computer.

Good point. In CPU-Z I see "Memory Frequency 386.8 MHz (CPU/7)", which is generally not good. Can you get the CPU-Z -> Memory -> FSB:DRAM? It should be 1:1. If it's not, go to the BIOS -> Advanced -> JumerFree Configuration. If CPU Overclocking and/or Memory clock are on manual, set it to auto and try again. If they are already on auto, set them to manual and set the Memory Clock Value on 200MHz. and CPU Frequency on 200MHz. Let DRAM Timing be on auto. In that case, the FSB:DRAM should be 1:1 or 2:1. In the latter case, set Memory Clock Value to 200MHz.

mhz down.

http://valid.canardp....php?id=2546772

post-221-0-24153200-1350440233_thumb.pngpost-221-0-56514500-1350440235_thumb.pngpost-221-0-44245900-1350440236_thumb.pngpost-221-0-72202200-1350440229_thumb.png

Nevermind, I missed a screenshot :facepalm:

Just wondering, because last time I had memory problems it was solved with flashing the bios. If I check the bios versions there are a couple of them 'Enhance the stability and performance of certain memory'. So I was wondering do you have the latest BIOS version (last bios was released in 2009 though)

ps. I will launch that other pc today to see what cpu 'score' I get, pretty sure it's exact the same

Edited by MrJoske