Quitting smoking

castlin

I am coughing the same shit you're coughing. In fact, coughing my lungs out is something that motivates me to go through with my project, because when you see what's coming out, you just realize how bad smoking is. Long live gums and candy... :)

Hows it all going? :)

i have been smoke for over 50 years an i love smokeing i smoke more whan i am playing the game.

not saying it is good to smoke but if you can quit DO IT.But if you like to smoke do it but that me lol.

I think it's almost over. Cough is better, crave is disappearing. Most of the time, I don't feel like having a cigarette, but sometimes, I miss it, but the crave disappears after a few minutes... First I was feeling depressed all of the time. Now I just feel depressed when I miss it, so it's just a few minutes, like 5 times a day. It's pretty hard, but it's getting easier and easier.2 weeks ago felt there was something missing in my life. Now I feel it is normal not to smoke, and that smoking is something "not natural". I can tell you also that my finances are better :) Thanks all for your support

• Like 2

I think it's almost over. Cough is better, crave is disappearing. Most of the time, I don't feel like having a cigarette, but sometimes, I miss it, but the crave disappears after a few minutes...

the craving for a smoke will always be with you, especially when you're around others that do. it sometimes takes years to disappear. and believe it or not, those that smoke are envious of those that can quit.

just try to keep in mind the health benefits of not smoking vs smoking. in canada as i think they do in some other countries, the federal government mandates that ciggarette mannufacturers put pictures of black lungs or someone dying of lung cancer etc on the packs, so as you open the pack to grab a smoke, your staring at pictures of death. not exactly a pretty sight as you spark one up.

on the plus side, climbing a couple of flights of stairs or playing sports would now seem easier since your not gasping for air. and im sure you'll notice your fingers and clothes smell better, not to mention your breath. keep thinking positive. you're past the worst part of quitting.

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 1

If you really want to. You will be able to. You have to be fully committed to quitting or else it won't work. Gum chewing i heard works. Tell yourself you are better off without them! Cause you are! I quit and then smoked one one night drinking and it was so disguising to me! You have to have that mind set! Good luck! Keep updates!

• 2 months later...

I had always thought that my truck wouldn't start unless I had a lit cigarette? Here it is 3 years later and my truck still starts without me having one. I thank Champix.

On 16 Oct 2009, I quit everything after 12 years of smoking "Cowboy Killers" aka Marlboro Red 100's, about carton a week and I also Chewed Copenhagen snuff for 15 years along with other tobacco products. I haven't been back since then, It took almost a year and damn near cost me my job and wife. I was a miserable SOB when I was coming off it. To those that say its all in your head there is no physical dependence. I say don't judge a man till you've walked in his shoes. I've never used heroin but I don't think that heroin dependence is purely a mental thing.There are wonderful programs out there I encourage anyone that is serious about quitting to look into them. I needed help after years of failed attempts to quit on my own. The people that run these programs are the best resource to quit, much like a alcoholic cessation programs you had peers that were trying to quit with you and that right there can be the biggest hurdle is everyone around you that is addicted or never was doesn't really understand the thoughts in your head but these people are going though it together and want to help each other out even if its just a phone call when you are sitting along and thinking of lighting one up. I went though withdraw symptoms ranging from severe depression, total body convulsions, hallucinations to total rage. The programs DR had me start using nicotine replacement products and the symptoms became manageable after that. It took a full year and I still have cravings from time to time but now I can say no I don't want it. I'm in charge now not the nicotine :yahoo

You do need a damn good reason to want to quit or it wont work ether. Mine was that my wife and I had been trying to have a baby for 8 years and nothing :cry . So I was willing to take any advice and I was told that my nicotine use may be the whole problem, So I made up my mind that day that I was going to quit. Amazingly that afternoon a woman stopped by the ambulance station and was looking for people that would be interested in joining a tobacco cessation program, great how a door opens when it is needed huh. well long story short it must have been the reason, my wife got pregnant almost one year to the date of my quit.

Whatever your reasons to quit good luck and remember your life is worth it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back guys ! But not to smoking. It's all history now, and I don't think about it. BUT, something weird has happened, I feel disgusted each time someone lits a cigarette, the smoke now makes me wanna puke !!!! And it is really deranging since i got many smoker friends !