Quitting smoking

castlin

After 30 years of smoking(in the end i smoked like 2 packs of cigarettes a day) me and Granny stoped smoking with help of a medication. we used this medication at home for like 4 weeks. we both don't smoke anymore since more than 2 years now. I wish you good luck with that because i know its really hard.

• Like 1

That is something to consider... some type of cessation aid. I took zyban for a while and though I did not quit right then, i did manage to halve the amount I smoked (actually, i didn't even try... it just happened). Nicotine patches, gums, and so on help some people. As I said myself, I used hypnosis (as did my mom some 20 years ago, and she's still free of smoking, and my father just did the same three weeks ago). You gotta feel out for yourself what works. As far as appetite goes, drinking water or eating ice, as lame as it sounds, will help a little. Sticking to low calorie foods (particularly ones that crunch) will also help. Oh, and that water thing will also decrease some of the natural irritability one gets from quitting. By the way, i also use an e-cigarette sometimes. A lot of people strongly urge against that, but i find it's just enough to take the edge off when the cravings go batshit crazy on me. You don't need to use one that actually contains nicotine either. I use mine maybe two or three times a week, tops. When i started, i needed the odd puff on it at least once a day, so you needn't worry about getting addicted to it.

HTH. Good luck.

• Like 1

Day 5 ! Still holding on ! And the show must go on...

It IS damn hard, but I am beginning to see the end of the tunnel. It is still far, but it can be seen.

Of course, I'm eating 2 or 3 times what I'm used to eat. Of course I'm drinking and going to the toilets every 2 hours. Of course I crave for a smoke, for one puff, only one !!! Of course that makes me nervous, unhappy or unsatisfied,.... Of course I'm eating pencils and gums instead...

BUT ...

My cough is almost gone. No more headaches and no more fatigue, I'm always hyperactive. I'm full of energy. My performances are better (gf is very surprised and happy xD) I smell and taste stuff better. The morning smoke is not here to bring me down, and the lack of smokes is making me want to do many things I neglected before, just to keep busy... and I'm pretty proud of what I achieved until now. I feel I'm more alive, less dead, less lazy...

Will keep you posted

• Like 1

Quitting smoking is hard as hell for me. I've quit various times for varying amounts of times.

I don't have any advice but good luck, it's well worth it for your health and so you can stop being a slave to massive a**h**** corporations.

After 30 years of smoking(in the end i smoked like 2 packs of cigarettes a day) me and Granny stoped smoking with help of a medication. we used this medication at home for like 4 weeks. we both don't smoke anymore since more than 2 years now. I wish you good luck with that because i know its really hard.

may I please ask which med? Was it wellbutrin ?

Not to discourage you, but here's several stories.

My grandfather died at 94 years old, he was still smoking at that time. Cause of death was due to high blood pressure. Then my father completely stopped smoking on his 40th birthday, he didnt smoke anything after that day and still enjoying fresh air. Then a co-worker of mine once said he did not even tried smoking and didnt want to learn smoking. Unfortunately, he died few months ago due to plane crash. I am still smoking, thought of stopping but didnt try. So, keep up the good fight, good luck !

Hope everything is going good I haven't touched a cigarette for two weeks now myself. I've moved to smokeless tobacco (DIP) not that it's any better, but I feel a lot better since I haven't smoked in a while. I can BREATHE! haha.

Quitting smoking is hard as hell for me. I've quit various times for varying amounts of times.

I don't have any advice but good luck, it's well worth it for your health and so you can stop being a slave to massive a**h**** corporations.

may I please ask which med? Was it wellbutrin ?

No,its Varenicline, Tradename in USA is called Chantix, in Europe its called Champix.

14 days smoke free :) Been coughing up a ton of nasty shit though. Finally can smell and taste little things now. I still have cravings, especially after meals or while drinking; but I've been using gum, mints and candy to distract myself from it.

• Like 2

14 days smoke free :) Been coughing up a ton of nasty shit though. Finally can smell and taste little things now. I still have cravings, especially after meals or while drinking; but I've been using gum, mints and candy to distract myself from it.

I am coughing the same shit you're coughing. In fact, coughing my lungs out is something that motivates me to go through with my project, because when you see what's coming out, you just realize how bad smoking is. Long live gums and candy... :)