who thinks the heli should come before the airstrike?

UAdave

I find the airstrike to be way more rewarding than the heli. The airstrike for me is good for at least a few kills and sometimes upwards of 10 if you can hit a big patch. The heli? I typically get between 0-2. Usually its shot down right away or doesn't hit anything. Most of the time when I hit 5 I'll go run and hide and try not to kill anyone else, just so I don't move right to the heli lol. Although I can see why it wouldn't be. If it doesn't get shot down right away, nobody is ever going to get an airstrike in.

I may be incorrect but it seems the FA servers require less damage to get a heli down than some. It might just be me.

... the heli's are far more effective in normal mode.

And after playing on the Abnerdog HC server for over 2+ years now, I can say the helicoptor's are more effective in hardcore mode also IMO.

I can't count that high, the number of times I'd call for an AirStrike and get ZERO kills out of it, even with a large group playing.

It happens with a HELI too sometimes, the ZERO Kills, but usually the norm is somewhere between at least 2 - 10 kills with a Heli and people being outside, and it not getting shot down too fast.

Don't think I've EVER gotten more than 4-6 kills from an AirStrike ? but if so it's rare.

Therefore, NO, IMO the AirStrike should come first and then the HELI as it's more lethal.

If you're playing with 30, the heli is indeed shot down within seconds. If you're playing with 10, most of the time it aint. If you're playing with 30, the airstrike gets a mosterkill on countdown and bog-like maps. If you're playing with 10, 3 kills is really a lot. Depends on the number of players, and since I usually play with 10ish, the order is quite good :)

And after playing on the Abnerdog HC server for over 2+ years now, I can say the helicoptor's are more effective in hardcore mode also IMO.

I can't count that high, the number of times I'd call for an AirStrike and get ZERO kills out of it, even with a large group playing.

It happens with a HELI too sometimes, the ZERO Kills, but usually the norm is somewhere between at least 2 - 10 kills with a Heli and people being outside, and it not getting shot down too fast.

Don't think I've EVER gotten more than 4-6 kills from an AirStrike ? but if so it's rare.

Therefore, NO, IMO the AirStrike should come first and then the HELI as it's more lethal.

I often get just one kill..... me. Who trained those pilots?

ME 2! some times twice!

I start shooting it when it comes in sight and it takes me down instantly!

Heli should be removed! :mad:

I get fewer kills with the heli than the air strike. I get 0-10 kills with the air strike.

I start shooting it when it comes in sight and it takes me down instantly!

Heli should be removed! :mad:

HA ! DAK meant the ONE kill he gets with the AIRSTRIKE is HIMSELF ... and yeah DAK that happens to me A LOT as well.

Ever have this one ? You're playing, on the team with the lead, you get an AirStrike ... fire it off ... and then the computer "Team Balance's" and switches you to the other team and of course you die in your own AirStrike, TWICE NO LESS, and you are now losing ... yeah fun times :rolleyes:

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Well, I guess I'm just speaking for myself then. It almost seems like the mindset of the players is most important, more players means more people to shoot it down, and more people WILLING to shoot it down. Whenever I've played normal mode, it has gotten more kills though.

I know with my longest kill streak it was partly due to a heli in a full Beginners server that no one took the time to shoot down. I think i got 8 to 10 kills from the heli alone. It shocked me as the air strike resulted in maybe 4 to 5 kills so soon after I got five kills in normal play, airstrike jumped me to 10, then heli doubled that. I have to agree that a lot of times my airstrikes fall on empty ground and also a lot of times my heli is shot down before it has time to strike. However it seems that I always get killed not once but twice in the same airstrike that others drop on me ( I swear I have a flashing beacon that states drop bombs here) and sometimes a person's heli will kill me twice before I can get a chance to shoot at it. One thing I always try to do is shoot down a heli because they can be so deadly at times.

I think in my honest opinion that the airstrike is the better kill streak. (if you can hit enough people) The heli is just far too easy to shoot down and nets me barley any kills, except on the odd occasion. The airstrike works so effectively on large servers with large amounts of people, it can easily net you at least 10 kills, if not more.

Final thoughts: Airstrike is better

Well to me it all depends on the map. Most maps have buildings that obstruct the bombs and your sitting with a failstrike. I prefer the heli mainly because of that reason. Since you can't postion how the airstrike will go like in MW3. The heli on a pipleline map got me 8 kills. Brought me to my 15 killstreak.

Airstrike is a hit or miss, more miss than hit imo, especially on maps like backlot and vacant. (unless the enemy team is all outside, even still the strike has to be the right angle or the building prevents it)

Heli for me.

If I was more observant I may know the answer to this but, is there any way to predict where the airstrike will come from? Is it from a consistent direction on each map?

Knowing where it comes from would allow you to target spots that that would be less impacted by buildings and structures.

If I was more observant I may know the answer to this but, is there any way to predict where the airstrike will come from? Is it from a consistent direction on each map?

No, the position of the airstrike is different each time. I tried about 3 times on countdown in the same game and put the airstrike on the same location each time; everytime the jets came from different locations. So i thought it might just be the map so I tried it again on backlot and same thing happened.

Lol me too but when i look others helis they may shoot 10 or more people... it's only luck.

And i have lots of airstike but i don't know where to use them so i rarely make kills....