ETKEY HELP FOR MAC!!!!!

Davethebravest

Hey so Im getting really tired of all my XP dissapearing while playing ET. so i tried to get the etkey for my mac, but it doesnt work? when i download it its like a file with just text in it, and than when i try to put it in the etmain file it wont let me. anyone with experience please help! THANKS!!!!!!

The etkey has to go into:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain

When you are in your Finder and press on Go you should see the Library, for Lion and I believe also for Mountain Lion (?) you have to press the option key (Alt) to make it visible.

After you have copied the etkey into the correct folder, you still might have to enable punkbuster in order to have a valid guid:

Not working?

If /cl_guid reveals that you have an *Unknown* guid, join a server then type the following:

/pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; reconnect;

This should solve all issues.

source

I have heard that for some people this did not help, they had to click on Play Online in the main menu of ET and press on Enable Punkbuster there.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, it would be nice if you could give some more information.

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/

If you got it to save to your etmain then it's working. Just click like your viewing all the regular servers, and enable punkbuster via server lobby. Exit the lobby load up your server, and then see if it's saved.

is the file a text file? it shows up in the etmain file under

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain

but it comes up as a text file. i played ET and my XP didnt save. what now?

It is not a file ending with .txt but you will be able to open it with TextEdit program or whatever you are using.

Did you try every step that I explained in my post above and it did not work or didn't you bother to read?

Again:

If /cl_guid reveals that you have an *Unknown* guid, join a server then type the following:

/pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; reconnect;

This should solve all issues.

I have heard that for some people this did not help, they had to click on Play Online in the main menu of ET and press on Enable Punkbuster there.

If this all still doesn't help, you got to tell us more information (Which MacOS, ...) otherwise it is almost impossible to help you.

• Like 1