Should I apply?

Lulu

So I was just looking through the application to apply, and am I a little torn on whether I should or not.

Everything seems fine, except when it comes to Vent and Xfire. Vent is probably less daunting than it looks, so fine, but the Xfire client only seems to come as an .exe, and since I run a mac, I can't open it. Is there some magic link someone has for a Mac version, or does one not exist? And if one does not exist, does that mean Mac users might not get accepted because we can't run Xfire?

So, given all this excess software I would have to load computer up on (it's a Mac...I love it, but it ain't build for gaming...), is it worth it?

I honestly don't know what the perks are of joining other than a "=F|A=" in front of your name (which I'll admit, I wouldn't mind) and a chance at getting some admin capabilities, for which it seems like it takes a whole lot of work to get as well.

I don't mean this to be rude or anything. I just honestly don't know what you guys offer. And even if it is just the tag and the chance at admin, I'd be all over it if Xfire wasn't giving me such a headache...

Edited by Lulu

if you want to apply because of the "perks" that comes with being an admin, sorry to tell you but you're applying for the wrong reasons

...and it is not what FA can offer/give you that matters.it is what you can offer for the betterment of the clan

xfire is a useful tool to get in touch with your fellow gamers or admin if you become one.though i'm not sure if there is one for MAC

• Like 2

My post was a bit unclear...I'm not really even after becoming an admin. I guess my question is this: What is involved with joining the clan? What is expected of me, and what can I get from joining that I can't get from being on the forums and playing on the servers?

As for Xfire: I understand the usefulness of it, I just don't think it's gonna work for me. :/

What FA has to offer you ask? well FA offer's you a change to be part of 1 of best gaming communities in fps world and basicly only Community in ET (there are lots of other clans but i mean community).

We are fun/lovable gamers from all over the world you dont get boring moment's with us. So i ask you what else you look from clan?

As for Xfire: I understand the usefulness of it, I just don't think it's gonna work for me. :/

well for example for people who play CoD there aint ingame private messages so its needed and for ET, if you dont have xfire and you are only admin on server how you gonna contact others if there is cheater/or some other problem? xfire is only solution for that problem.

I cannot vouch for it but try MacXfire - http://www.macxfire.com/

We have other Mac users here though, so they should be able to vouch for it (or another one) - since I know they do use xfire.

As for Vent, it's just a good way of properly interacting but it's not by any means necessary :)

Conclusion - Apply :D

Chuck

What FA has to offer you ask? well FA offer's you a change to be part of 1 of best gaming communities in fps world and basicly only Community in ET (there are lots of other clans but i mean community).

We are fun/lovable gamers from all over the world you dont get boring moment's with us. So i ask you what else you look from clan?

I thoroughly enjoy the community, don't get me wrong. If I'm going to join a clan, it'll be this one. I mean, I only play on F|A servers anyway (well, only the one, but still). That's not my question.

To put it bluntly, what is the difference between where I am now and becoming a member?

My post was a bit unclear...I'm not really even after becoming an admin. I guess my question is this: What is involved with joining the clan? What is expected of me, and what can I get from joining that I can't get from being on the forums and playing on the servers?

for starters, check the wiki link in my signature

I cannot vouch for it but try MacXfire - http://www.macxfire.com/

We have other Mac users here though, so they should be able to vouch for it (or another one) - since I know they do use xfire.

As for Vent, it's just a good way of properly interacting but it's not by any means necessary :)

Conclusion - Apply :D

Chuck

Thanks. That helps a lot. I think I'll still wait a little while before applying, just to better acquaint myself with everyone, but that clears up all my logistical questions.

i know you say you dont wanna apply or whatever but check this link it may answer some of your questions.

pay particular attention to # 1 and the very last line http://fearless-assa.../How_to_join_us

Edited by D..X

i know you say you dont wanna apply or whatever but check this link it may answer some of your questions.

pay particular attention to # 1 and the very last line http://fearless-assa.../How_to_join_us

Well, if you are implying that I am acting immaturely, I fail to see your reasoning.

And I didn't say I don't want to apply, I'm simply wondering if I should.

As far as what I can offer? Well, that'll go in the application when the time comes.

Furthermore, I've been through that. I know what the clan does. That wasn't my question.

Edited by Lulu

well for example for people who play CoD there aint ingame private messages so its needed and for ET, if you dont have xfire and you are only admin on server how you gonna contact others if there is cheater/or some other problem? xfire is only solution for that problem.

Yeah, I know. I know it's important. The "I don't think it's gonna work for me" came from not being aware of the Mac options available.

for starters, check the wiki link in my signature

Thank you for that clarification. :thanks

The question for me was not really what FA could do for me/you. They/we have an good forum and -personally- the reason I considered joining was because of the awesome servers.

So I wanted to do something back. And I joined FA to help. One of the things I (many of us) do is keep the servers clean, which is a lot easier with admin commands (which I actually already had at that time as a server regular, !warn only) than only xfire, but later I decided/discovered that I'd be able to do more like donating, helping other FA'ers at computer-related/programming issues, selecting which should become members (to Trial), things like that. I won't do everything (I hate banning, I'm the Worst Recruiter In The History Of Mankind) but once on the forum I can help.

Giving to FA is always satisfying, and I personally think that is why we have such a great community. Not everyone is able to donate, but others can recruit better. That balance works great here :)

As a result, we have those awesome servers and forum for which I originally joined. Kind of a positive Catch-22, but everyone in FA is part of it and loves it :P

An honest opinion? I would wait. While I know your name from seeing you in game, I really don't know you because you don't talk that much in game. While that is understandable (you are trying to play a game), it gives us a little better picture as to who you are. You are a good regular (you don't cause problems at all). Be a GREAT regular...... help us on servers, visit around to our other servers, let us know of problems/problem players (x-fire will help with that and btw you can find everyone's x-fire just below their avatar on the left) and help keep server fair & balanced. The Wiki mentioned above is a great way to learn how we function and will guide you in ways you can help us out.

Not saying you wouldn't make a good member here. Just saying to let us get to know you better before applying.

@Dave....... where you been hiding, brother? Miss killing you on the servers.

• Like 2

@Dave....... where you been hiding, brother? Miss killing you on the servers.

you only killed me once when i was rolling a smoke ;) im recovering from brainsurgery that went wrong. My left arm is paralysed but its getting better everyday ill be back soon