Custom Game Menus

PRszChulo

• Administrators

This is "part" of stock main menu code which you will need to modify.

// Buttons //

BUTTON( 6, 32, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "PLAY ONLINE", .3, 14, close main ; /*close backgroundmusic ; open backgroundmusic_server ;*/ uiScript UpdateFilter ; uiScript ServerSortDown 4 ; open playonline )
BUTTON( 6, 56, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "HOST GAME", .3, 14, close main ; /*close backgroundmusic ; open backgroundmusic_server ;*/ uiScript loadArenas ; uiScript initHostGameFeatures ; open hostgame )
BUTTON( 6, 80, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "REPLAYS", .3, 14, close main ; open viewreplay )
BUTTON( 6, 104, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "OPTIONS", .3, 14, close main ; open options )
BUTTON( 6, 128, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "PROFILE", .3, 14, close main ; open profile )
BUTTON( 6, 152, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "CREDITS", .3, 14, close main ; open credits_splashdamage )
BUTTON( 6, 176, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "EXIT GAME", .3, 14, clearFocus ; open quit )
}

You just need to adjust height and width of your new button.

You can see the FULL code by opening pak0.pk3 -> ui -> main.menu using winrar.

Once you are done editing your full code save main.menu and menus.txt in one pk3 example: xxx_clan.pk3 containing all ui which you want to include and upload it mod folder.

This is just basic and their is also menu limit of max 128.

Same goes for ingame menus. All menus can be find under ui folder of either pak0.pk3 or client_mod.pk3

This is "part" of stock main menu code which you will need to modify.

// Buttons //

BUTTON( 6, 32, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "PLAY ONLINE", .3, 14, close main ; /*close backgroundmusic ; open backgroundmusic_server ;*/ uiScript UpdateFilter ; uiScript ServerSortDown 4 ; open playonline )
BUTTON( 6, 56, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "HOST GAME", .3, 14, close main ; /*close backgroundmusic ; open backgroundmusic_server ;*/ uiScript loadArenas ; uiScript initHostGameFeatures ; open hostgame )
BUTTON( 6, 80, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "REPLAYS", .3, 14, close main ; open viewreplay )
BUTTON( 6, 104, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "OPTIONS", .3, 14, close main ; open options )
BUTTON( 6, 128, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "PROFILE", .3, 14, close main ; open profile )
BUTTON( 6, 152, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "CREDITS", .3, 14, close main ; open credits_splashdamage )
BUTTON( 6, 176, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "EXIT GAME", .3, 14, clearFocus ; open quit )
}

You just need to adjust height and width of your new button.

You can see the FULL code by opening pak0.pk3 -> ui -> main.menu using winrar.

Once you are done editing your full code save main.menu and menus.txt in one pk3 example: xxx_clan.pk3 containing all ui which you want to include and upload it mod folder.

This is just basic and their is also menu limit of max 128.

Same goes for ingame menus. All menus can be find under ui folder of either pak0.pk3 or client_mod.pk3

Thank you. However I have no idea what im doing. I've opened main.menu. I have no idea about the code or nothing. I might a little in over my head. :)

I want have a clan backround and everything...not just an extra button if that makes sense?

Thank you. However I have no idea what im doing. I've opened main.menu. I have no idea about the code or nothing. I might a little in over my head. :)

I want have a clan backround and everything...not just an extra button if that makes sense?

You mean a loading screen?

Download zz_sfloading_.pk3 from here http://www.mediafire.com/?g30mzwywjzz

(I would link you to an F|A loading screen but, they don't have a custom load screen. If posting a link to there is not allowed, delete my post, please).

Open it and just copy the way everything is done, (with your own images).

Then pack it using Pakscape:

http://www.filefront.com/10423976/PakScape/

Call it zz_myclanloading_.pk3 or whatever you want it to be called.

Then put it into your Jaymod folder.

:hi

Edited by daredevil

• Administrators

Just change images in Terror pk3 and you will be good to go.

Just my one suggestion keep the size of pk3 as small as possible.