ET Lagging Out, Framedrop, more etc.

Levi

• Clan Friend

Installing et again won't solve much, since installing et means just copying again the same files to your hard drive.

At most it could help if you have messed with your config (but it was ok when I last checked it in the other thread) and you want default one back (but again, you don't need to reinstall for that).

Or if you have corrupted pk3s and stuff (but those things don't give lag, maybe they could give you crashes or errors).

I have installed et only 2 times in my life, once for windows and once for linux, and I kept the same installations for years without ever reinstalling, so I am not a big fan of ET reinstallation to fix issues. But if you think it can make a difference, go ahead.

As I suggested in the other thread, ping an fa server outside the game, then load et and check your ping in game. If it's too high if compared to that (it should be at most 50ms higher), check your fps, check cpu usage, software running in the background, and all. If it's high even outside the game with ping or mtr, then it's a network issue.

I don't know how much those online network tests are reliable, winmtr to the ip of the server where you want to play is more reliable imho.

There is a live Linux distro which used to have ET and other games in it (http://live.linux-gamers.net/), but I am not sure if ET is still there or they removed it. If that supports your hardware, you could use it to test ET outside your windows os, to rule out problems, but I doubt it comes with the latest mods and all.

Pity that there isn't any linux livecd with only ET and all the drivers and stuff needed to run it in most pcs.

Have your graphics card drivers been updated about the same time this start?

If so roll them back and see if it improves, there was a crap amd update awhile back.

This or wireless/nic drivers as well, I had this issue in the past.

/merged with original topic since this is still the same issue no need to have two separate topics.

Edited by Novice

I CANT BELIEVE I FIXED IT!!! The whole source of my lag problems was my wireless driver that was installed when i updated to win7 ultimate. Found a better wireless device to use, and now i play lag free.

• Like 1