Problem with fueldump map

Jefke

Kind of lame to make a second topic for an et problem in like 10 min or (third will follow :P), but they all are complete unrelated and I thought this will stay the cleanest (if not feel free to merge them).

Anyway, because she (glueckbaerchi007) don't want to do it herself (and subject keeps popping up in xfire and I get tired of it :P). I will start a topic about the problem she has with the fueldump map.

She can give more information if you need it herself.

The problem: she gets disconnected from the server every time fueldump loads

errormessage:

HunkAllocateTempMemoryfailed on 3528308 

She did try to put hunkmegs on 128 /256 and higher, but that didn't solve to problem.

Anybody an idea what can be the problem?

ps. Glueck, you can respond yourself on this topic. I made it because I'm way to nice :ph34r:

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 1

She try to delete the map, and download it again? I had a problem similar when the map never got finished downloading the first time it would kick me. Deleted it, and let it download from server again and works fine.

Try increase your virtual memory..

(windows 7) Right click Computer in start menu > Properties > Advanced System Settings (in the sidebar) > Click 'Settings' in the Performance box > Change virtual memory in the 'Advanced' tab.

For windows XP -> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_advancd_perform_change_vmpagefile.mspx?mfr=true

• Leader

Mentioning 'virtual memory' aka Page File makes me wonder if she her system is set for 'let OS handle pagefile', and if her HD is fragmented and/or nearly full, then she might consider defragging and making a static pagefile.

• 1 month later...

Com_hunkmegs 256 won't work if you do it after loading a mod.

This needs to be set in first loaded cfg (etmain) since it need a restart to change.

1. Open the game

2. Open console (the key left of 1) and write "/com_hunkmegs 256"

PS. You must have at least 512mb of ram

3. Restart the game

4. Write /com_hunkmegs ( without 256 ) and tell me exactly what answer is returned.

Type this in console:

\seta com_hunkmegs 192

then

\vid_restart

Then join server. Problem solved.

/vid_restart is not enough to fix it since it needs a full restart so the program can reserve more ram. :P

1. Right click on you ET shortcut

2. Select Properties

3.Select "Shortcut" tab

4. In path you should have something like that :""C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"

5. Make it "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set com_hunkmegs "256"

5. Open ET , should be fixed

Edited by QuoVadiS

PS: I guess this is on No Quarter?

This mod takes too much ram lol

Yeah, and specially FA NQ1. Glue did say at she tested other nq without broblem. I have also probs on that map, my fps drops under 30 for whole map. Some maps I have same broblem but just some time not whole map. Played also in other servers and I have no fps probs there in any map? Usually my fps is hitting 125 stable.

Masa_1964

Edited by Masa_1964

Fueldump need alot more informations to be loaded in Virtual Mermory . NQ also uses ALOT more RAM because of the new guns, sounds etc. The fact that it is worst on NQ1 may be caused because it has more vsays, custom models or whatever ( barely play NQ).

The message she was gettings means ET couldn't reserve RAM at adress 3528308 .

Typically , it is only caused by ET having limited ram usage. Fixed with com_hunkmegs

@Masa

Try setting com_hunkmegs to 512 ( assuming you have at least 1024mb of ram ) using the same process mentionned in my last post.

It happens only on NQ1 on fieldump ?

PS: higher com_hunkmegs than 512 crashes the game , don't know why tough.

Edited by QuoVadiS

Fueldump need alot more informations to be loaded in Virtual Mermory . NQ also uses ALOT more RAM because of the new guns, sounds etc. The fact that it is worst on NQ1 may be caused because it has more vsays, custom models or whatever ( barely play NQ).

The message she was gettings means ET couldn't reserve RAM at adress 3528308 .

Typically , it is only caused by ET having limited ram usage. Fixed with com_hunkmegs

@Masa

Try setting com_hunkmegs to 512 ( assuming you have at least 1024mb of ram ) using the same process mentionned in my last post.

It happens only on NQ1 on fieldump ?

PS: higher com_hunkmegs than 512 crashes the game , don't know why tough.

But question is FA having more stuff on that map than other clans fueldump ones? If yes then I'll try that 512 (and yes I have more than 1GB mem ;) even my graphics card have 2Gb)

Masa_1964