Thinking about building my first PC

Krayzie

Wow Krayzie, you scored man. I was showing a buddy of mine the Blackhawk earlier today and noticed the price went up $10 and they are charging $9.99 shipping. Good think you ordered when you did. Score!

btw..curious why you didn't get your HDMI cable from monoprice or bluejeanscable.com? Both are excellent.

btw..curious why you didn't get your HDMI cable from monoprice or bluejeanscable.com? Both are excellent.

Wait, there is difference between hdmi cables :o

I'm still rolling with my cheapo 2.5euro cables (only 3m/10ft), using it only for tv to htpc , xbox to tv and ps3 to tv.

I can imagine that on those longer distances there might be a difference though.

Still have to lol when I see hdmi-cables (also 3m) being sold for 100 euro :P

Wait, there is difference between hdmi cables :o

I'm still rolling with my cheapo 2.5euro cables (only 3m/10ft), using it only for tv to htpc , xbox to tv and ps3 to tv.

I can imagine that on those longer distances there might be a difference though.

Still have to lol when I see hdmi-cables (also 3m) being sold for 100 euro :P

I agree. With respect to shielding and how tight the braid of the copper is on HDMI, I'm not sure how much difference there can be as long as the cables are within spec. I've heard on longer runs, like the 50ft that Krayzie is running it becomes an issue. Anything under 15ft shouldn't be though. It's one of the reasons I recommend BlueJeansCable and monoprice. They have good cables for cheap prices. I believe they are only in the US though.

I have to laugh when I visit a store and hear the salesman talking about how much better the quality of a 3ft Monster cable that's $150USD is than the $10 off-brand.

Well if worse comes to worse I'll just run a 50ft Ethernet cable instead. But I chose it because it has good reviews for that length.

Everything is working right now. Still waiting on my sdd and HDD to come in. Running CoD I'm getting 400-500FPS. Cable management looks like shit. Will just have to work on it.

Everything is working right now. Still waiting on my sdd and HDD to come in. Running CoD I'm getting 400-500FPS. Cable management looks like shit. Will just have to work on it.

Get some Neon Green Zip Ties and no one will notice the cables!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally got around to taking pictures. (Been busy with work and stuff around the house) They are not the best, but I will upload them later on.