cant get et to run..!help plz

Stryder

Does anyone know anything detailed regarding Wolfenstein Enemy Terrirory?i have a FRESH installation of Microsoft Windows XP 32 bit and a FRESH installation of Wolfenstein Enemy territory [ ET.exe] and it will NOT run / execute even with the starter pro patch selector. Even after un-installing and re-installing. I have Avast anti-virus, not too sure about any firewalls. ET.exe simply will not launch. very unusual software bug. It SHOULD easily run on a FRESH installation of XP and with a fresh installation of ET.exe. Any ideas would be greqtly appreciated?

thanks, Stryder

First of all it would be helpful any kind of error messages u are getting when u try to run et.

Secondly did u install all the patches at correct order? Meaning, u install Main ET as first, then u follow by 2.6 patch and afterwards with 2.6b patch.

When done with that, add the patch selector and minimizor and any other extra programs u wish to use.

To download 2.6 patch click here

To download 2.6b patch click here

Like i said, it would be greatly helpful if u would write or post screenshots of any kind error messages u are getting, as that would help us to fix ur problem.

Try this one:

http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/full/WolfET_2_60b_custom.exe

And then run pk3 cleaner so u will have our menus.

If you need any help, please let us know.

I used the link Dare gave, which worked for me. (never played W:ET before today lol). I believe it is already 2.60b, so no need to patch. (correct me if I am wrong)

Got it from this topic

Edited by ajnl

I'll try to not say what people said above so I'll give different solutions as will.

1.Try disabling the firewall before you start up ET

2.Run as administrator, this usually solves problems on win 7 but I'm not so sure about win XP

3.Try a different download source, I downloaded mine from download.com, but use the link that ajnl supplied first

4.If what everyone above said didn't work try to play ET with no patch, meaning the way it was downloaded

I'll try to not say what people said above so I'll give different solutions as will.

2.Run as administrator, this usually solves problems on win 7 but I'm not so sure about win XP

Firewall wouldnt be a problem, at least at my version of Win XP 32 bit, never had problem, while for XP u dont need to run as administrator, that only comes into concern for Vista, Win7 and so on.

Edited by Aniky

First of all it would be helpful any kind of error messages u are getting when u try to run et.

Secondly did u install all the patches at correct order? Meaning, u install Main ET as first, then u follow by 2.6 patch and afterwards with 2.6b patch.

When done with that, add the patch selector and minimizor and any other extra programs u wish to use.

To download 2.6 patch click here

To download 2.6b patch click here

Like i said, it would be greatly helpful if u would write or post screenshots of any kind error messages u are getting, as that would help us to fix ur problem.

yea did all that ..patches etc.,turned off firewalls,updated drivers, usin a patch selector chuckun hooked me up with to no avail

3.Try a different download source, I downloaded mine from download.com, but use the link that ajnl supplied first

4.If what everyone above said didn't work try to play ET with no patch, meaning the way it was downloaded

trying a diff dload source now cnet

@ Aniky..only thing im seein is et.exe encountered a prob and hasta close..just tried third dload..this blows

Did you try the official one (splashdamage itself, sponsored by trackbase apparently ): http://www.splashdam...enemy-territory

+ what do you get exactly: errors or absolute nothing ^^

yea that was my first one..cant be the dloads..maybe im doin sumthin wrong with the patches..2.6 the. 2.6b in that order i tried puttin them ina folder still nada

@ Aniky..only thing im seein is et.exe encountered a prob and hasta close..just tried third dload..this blows

yea that was my first one..cant be the dloads..maybe im doin sumthin wrong with the patches..2.6 the. 2.6b in that order i tried puttin them ina folder still nada

Something is preventing it from opening, and the patches would not help with it launching. The game should launch by itself even if it's an older 2.55et.exe, so when you click wolfenstein does the box even come up for a second or is it just dead?

I'm going to research this a bit more, but what graphics card are you running. Make sure your drivers are up to date on your graphics. If your getting the classic "ET.exe has encountered a problem and has to close" with the loading bar which it seems so it could mean so many problems. We will just narrow it down.

Also uninstalling Wolfenstein via add/remove programs doesn't work. I think you got a bad copy of Wolfenstein, and then downloaded more copies and its conflicting because it doesn't know what to launch. Navigate via computer > programs files, and delete the wolfenstein folder. Delete anything that says wolfenstein, and download a new copy (sorry again), but only do this if you see multiple wolfenstein folders.

I'm going to research this a bit more, but what graphics card are you running. Make sure your drivers are up to date on your graphics. If your getting the classic "ET.exe has encountered a problem and has to close" with the loading bar which it seems so it could mean so many problems. We will just narrow it down.

ati radeon 4650 ..i updated drivers

appreciate all the help men!