Runescape Robbery (REAL LIFE)

TulsaGeoff

11.1n005.NerdHeist4.c--300x300.jpg

How much is a Runescape account worth?

Up to fifteen years of jail time, apparently, for 19-year-old Humza Bajwa of Massachusetts. Bajwa is being charged of second-degree robbery and grand larceny after pulling a BB gun at a Runescape coin for real money exchange.

Bajwa cut a deal with another Runescape player Jonathan Dokler to exchange 4.7 billion Runescape coins for $3,300. Dokler asked his friend David Emani to conduct the deal in person. Emani wanted to back out due to suspicions that Bajwa was carrying fake currency. "He was transferring money from one envelope to another envelope, and I got a glimpse of it and it looked fake," said Emani. "I was on the phone with John, and I said, 'Don't do it. It looks fake.'"

Despite Emani's reluctance, Dokler decided to go through with the deal. When Emani met with Bajwa again the next day, his suspicions were confirmed: Bajwa was carrying counterfeits hidden under a real $100 bill. When Emani protested, Bajwa pulled a BB gun and pointed it at Emani's head. Emani, not knowing that the gun wasn't real, completed the transaction.

Fortunately, Bajwa was caught on CCTV and was arrested. If Bajwa is charged of grand larceny and second-degree robbery, he faces up to 15 years of jail time… just over virtual currency.

Runescape developer Jagex prohibits the exchange of the game's virtual currency for real money. Unfortunately, there's just no feasible way for the developer to enforce the policy, though this story is sure to make a few Runescape players at least think twice before selling off in-game coins.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/game_over_for_vid_kid_robber_DQgYQB3lApPVWB4FXXRiFN

Why do people go through all this kind of crap for a game...?

Shiiiiiaaaa that gold be worth about $3300 in real dollar bills. People have been robbed for less LoL I mean look at him, I see a stone cold gangsta killa in the pic above :lol:

Edited by TulsaGeoff

u sux joske... yes the max is like 2 bil.. but people keep the rest of the cash in items.. or keep their money in the grand exchange :P

Or like me have bank accounts ( was for other stuff though)

drop trading 125m just because you can XD

Well there is quite a market for the virtual money. Gold farming is big business in China. They even make prisoners do it and get punished if they don't make the quotas. LOL

http://www.guardian....net-gaming-scam

So when you kill the gold farmers over and over they are getting beat in real life :o LoL... At least they get to game!

• 2 weeks later...