what resolution is the best

jim

i would like to no what is a good resolution to use i have trouble with xfire whan i am playing ET I have to stop

playing and end the game to see who is pm me.Is there a progam that i can use to minimiz the screen any help

i can get would be of help.

well there is a program called etmin, but you can also use xfire itself to reply to im. If you check the settings of xfire, you can specify a hotkey to bring up the chat window. For me, it's ctrl + x.

Use ETMinizer that is built into ETstarter pro. Also set your xfire binds which will allow you to respon in game. As far as resolution goes, use the naitive resolution of your LCD screen in full screen mode as long as you get good FPS.

i would like to no what is a good resolution to use i have trouble with xfire whan i am playing ET I have to stop

playing and end the game to see who is pm me.Is there a progam that i can use to minimiz the screen any help

i can get would be of help.

i use my Logitech G19 keyboard for reading pm´s :P , but what TulsaGeoff says, ETMinizer is the best .

• Clan Friend

be careful with etstarter pro since (as far as I remember) there is a (stupid) option there to delete your etkey 'to avoid common punkbuster errors' (roflmao) everytime you start et.

the file I use to minimize et is called etmin.exe

edit:

there should be a minimizer for et in FA downloads section

you can also use xfire itself to reply to im. If you check the settings of xfire, you can specify a hotkey to bring up the chat window. For me, it's ctrl + x.

If your just trying to talk using Xfire in game that'll solve your problem.

As far as resolution goes, use the naitive resolution of your LCD screen in full screen mode as long as you get good FPS.

If your still curious about what's the best resolution to use try adding these 3 line's to your config.

r_mode "-1"

r_customwidth "xxxx" Make this match your windows / monitors X axis resolution you use outside of game. For example I use r_customwidth "1920"; r_customheight "1080"

r_customheight "xxxx" Same thing here but with the Y axis.