Can someone explain Enemy Territory to me

joeydabull

im still trying to figure out ET

1. im shooting people and hitting them and i waist a whole clip. but when i get hit i die in like 3 shot

2. i see people with better weapons and when i kill them i try to pick the weapon up and won't let me. So how do i get the new weapons if there are any

3. And dose your in game xp have anything to do with your HP and getting more powerful weapons

I'll tell you the first secret - you're playing Jaymod #2 right? Well there, adrenaline is enabled (usable if you've got full XP in Medic class I believe - but maybe its available to all users) - using adrenaline makes you pretty invincible.. So if you dont have / use adren, you're gonna get owned. I would REALLY suggest you play Silent #1 server.. Silent mod is much better, and no silly adrenaline.

But to directly answer your questions:

Headshots = 3hits

Bodyshots = about 10? Maybe more even.. I'm not sure.. But 3 headshots is a kill basically..

2. Weapons are based on the class you play.. You can only pick up weapons which your class can handle..

Here's what weapons different classes can use:

Soldiers: SMG, MG42, Flamethrower, Panzerfaust, Mortar

Medics: SMG (and shotguns on some servers)

Engineers: SMG, Grenade Launcher Rifle (and shotguns on some servers)

Field Ops: SMG (and shotguns on some servers)

Covert Ops: Bolt Action Sniper RIfle, Automatic Rifle with scope, and the Sten.

3. Yes. Ingame XP allows you to do more advanced things depending on which class you earned the XP on... He's a brief (vague) explanation of how XP helps, per-class:

Soldiers: Your ability to fire heavy weapons steadily increases as your XP increases.. and eventually you can use SMG as your sidearm.

Medic: Your medpacks heal more health as your XP increases... and eventually your 'revive needle' will turn green instead of orange, and will restore teammates to full health instead of half.

Engineers: Your construction speeds increase

Field Ops: Your firepower is increased - Airstrikes etc.. And your ammo packs give more ammo.

Field Ops: Not sure tbh..

And once you reach a certain level of battlesense lightweapons skill (earned by playing ANY class, it doesnt matter which), you get twin pistols as your sidearm.

EDIT: You can learn a LOT by spectating good players ;)

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 2

The classes are like from an RPG game, same for xp. you can't give a wizard heavy weapons. and a rouge being able to use healing.

so these classes are based like that. but since it's a shooter it's obviously not magic and shit. they placed these classes for teamwork, every person has a role in the game. good example is when you are playing a war.

people kill you fast cause they get headshots on you. it takes time to get used to the speed and bullet spread (seeing as you are a cod member) so just keep playing. you will get used to it.

Well if you just want to get a variety of weapons, pick soldier...they can choose from like 5 different ones like Chuck said. Just remember, headshots are the difference between living and dying for the most part.

I would REALLY suggest you play Silent #1 server.. Silent mod is much better, and no silly adrenaline.

and I heartily agree :D

Protip from an etpro tourny player (me)

-keep cross hair in the middle of the screen so you can start off with a headshot

-work on different sensitivities to see which on you like the most (fast moving or slow moving mouse)

-dont hack because it makes you look like a deflated penis

-dont camp, but take your time when going through areas like tight spaces (the waiting will get you a kill and you will then proceed jizz buckets with excitement)

Just s aim for the head listen for the headshot sounds Ding ding ding

Crouching will help also

Protip from an etpro tourny player (me)

-keep cross hair in the middle of the screen so you can start off with a headshot

-work on different sensitivities to see which on you like the most (fast moving or slow moving mouse)

-dont hack because it makes you look like a deflated penis

-dont camp, but take your time when going through areas like tight spaces (the waiting will get you a kill and you will then proceed jizz buckets with excitement)

You totally left out save your sprint to win. LOLOLOL

but to be serious best way to learn is to watch good players and practice. Also get you a good cfg they have some available on here u can inbox me any questions you have with cfg im pretty good with tweaking/figuring out what is wrong

• Clan Friend

You totally left out save your sprint to win. LOLOLOL

that's why I lose ^^ when I fight my sprint bar is always empty...

but I also get triple-headshotted by people who just crouch and barely move, so I guess not sprinting doesn't always mean losing a fight

Well if you just want to get a variety of weapons, pick soldier...they can choose from like 5 different ones like Chuck said. Just remember, headshots are the difference between living and dying for the most part.

and I heartily agree :D

pfft... you both just cant handle getting spanked by the 'dren junkies :P