Religion yeap i'm askin

YoMomma

The thing is we do get to choose. It's called free will. But believe in man and you'll be let down and dissapointed every time. I don't believe in a religion where I have to do something to make my God happy. All the rules put out there in the name of religion are ridiculous, wear the right clothes, no tatoos, have the right hair, say the right things, live the right life. The problem is no one can live the perfect life to please God. That's why we see so many people fall into traps and ruin their lives trying to achieve perfection. There was only one man who walked this earth and was perfect, yet it says he reclined with sinners. No other religion would even consider hanging out with those that they call sinners. I see that most people have said they dont want other people's religions shoved down their throat. I'm sorry it was presented to you in that way. The fact is I dont need to shove. It's said "smile it makes people wonder what you are up to." I dont condemn....Just show love and it makes people wonder.

• Like 1

The thing is we do get to choose. It's called free will. But believe in man and you'll be let down and dissapointed every time. I don't believe in a religion where I have to do something to make my God happy. All the rules put out there in the name of religion are ridiculous, wear the right clothes, no tatoos, have the right hair, say the right things, live the right life. The problem is no one can live the perfect life to please God. That's why we see so many people fall into traps and ruin their lives trying to achieve perfection. There was only one man who walked this earth and was perfect, yet it says he reclined with sinners. No other religion would even consider hanging out with those that they call sinners. I see that most people have said they dont want other people's religions shoved down their throat. I'm sorry it was presented to you in that way. The fact is I dont need to shove. It's said "smile it makes people wonder what you are up to." I dont condemn....Just show love and it makes people wonder.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

choose.png

Children tend to listen to what parents tell them to do. I would argue that in most cases the choice of religion comes later in life.

• Like 3

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I said there is a choice...it's free will. I agree that as you become older you are able to understand and make the choice.

not sure of it has been said here already

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around...and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

Edited by MiLkZz

not sure of it has been said here already

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around...and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

Yes It has been stated a little harsh but stated none the less.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I said there is a choice...it's free will. I agree that as you become older you are able to understand and make the choice.

I disagree with the notion that free will exists in the way way suggest it does. They have free will but there are a whole host of social factors that make out hard Ttp choose another religion just like that.what if choosing a new religion meant losing contact with your family? Your social network? Would you do it? People have the ability to choose,but cannot always choose what they want.

Rofl I kind of agree... I can only reply a lot of bad words to this topic because religion pisses me off.

Lol I can't say one positive thing about religion. If you'd ask me how I feel about it, you better hide because I'd yell and swear ;]

Remember If you never do no wrong you go to heaven, but if you do something wrong you get sent to hell, but God loves you! lol w/e.

Edited by Light

Remember If you never do no wrong you go to heaven, but if you do something wrong you get sent to hell, but God loves you! lol w/e.

I will happily burn in hell eventhough there is no hell. bunch of crap :D

• Like 1

Could we end this discussion about religion in an international gaming forum now? It's simply a ridiculous topic in that relation and trying to explain how and why it is irrelevant doesn't make it any better. Neither does spamming retarded meme pictures or half-sarcastic comments stating your opinion on religion while most certainly insulting others. Nobody is going to change his religion or leave the Church because of your views or opinions and you simply can't compare religions and list their pros and cons. This is an international community with a huge cultural diversity where every topic is welcome, but common sense should tell you which topics you would rather avoid. Such as religion, politics or warfare in any way.

• Like 2

I thought the discussion was going well but if a few people feel so strongly about this topic being inappropriate for the community then I guess the topic should should be killed thanx to all that participated :)

I thought the discussion was going well but if a few people feel so strongly about this topic being inappropriate for the community then I guess the topic should should be killed thanx to all that participated :)

we have had discussions like this before, and for the most part, they have stayed civil. I just think that some people are worried that it could get easily out of hand, particularly given the nature of this thread.

I agree probably should have worded the start of the thread different I still think its a good thread though and I have read some nice responses to it and thats all I wanted in the first place again thanx to all who read and posted :)