Religion yeap i'm askin

YoMomma

I think all religions are the same, but I don't think we need it anymore..its like were split up when really were all connected to the same source

If we look pass all the BS that happen thousands of years over what religion or whos god is the truest then I think we can make a difference

I also think that religion in some way is controlling and it can be for enlightening all and keeping us away from doing bad things

Do we need the control are we not able to see what is right or wrong without a divine entity to tell us so thats my question are we not intelligent enough to know the difference.Must we have a God to say if you dont do good you will go to hell.

I think we pretty much know whats right from wrong, We no longer need anything more divine than are selves to tell us, because we have the answers and know and mostly live by them daily.

We know when to do the right thng at the right time . we know that if you kill someone you will go to jail and may spend the rest of your life there... other way to look at it is if you someone your also killing yourself.

all of religions books have some good in them bible 10 commands is a good guideline, buddahist have a good guideline as well ....like mediation

I'm not saying throw it all away when I said we dont need it anymore . because I see that every religions has most answers, but alot of it has been corrupted and separated alot of people

• Like 1

Well, it depends from person to person. Me, I don't give a dam (to say it in a bit straight forward way :P)

I only gets annoyed when people try to convince me (which is kind of hopeless) that God/Louis/Alfons/[name it what you want] exist.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the choices people make, I just ask they respect mine.

I'm raised semi-catholic to put it that way. Heck, the father in-law of my brother is a deacon (not sure if correct English term) => Don't let me start about that a*******

So maybe in a month or two I will once again enter a church (first time in about 6-8 years), for the baptism (again not sure about English term) of the child of my brother.

And even that will only happen if my brother asks me to be there, if not I probably won't be there.

Well religion, do with it what you want. Just don't bother other people with it.

hmmm...I'm gonna wade in here. The way I look at it, religion is the problem. Organized religion in any case. I am a christian, but I hesitate to identify as any one specific sect. I see too many times where people have used organized religion as a power structure for earthly aims. I believe that God gave us a conscience to use. Any time we abdicate our responsibility to use our heads to discern what is right, based on what the Bible says, and instead allow ourselves to be led about by an authority figure, we court disaster.

I think another big source of the problem lies with the eagerness of some people to focus on the sins of others, especially certain sins, while ignoring the proverbial plank in their own eye.

So after all that, why do I believe? All I can say, without writing a dissertation, is that I was in a very dark place a few years ago, and it wasn't until I accepted Christ I found my way back. I cannot but credit Him with saving my life, and it would be the very height of ingratitude to try and deny it now.

How terribly tragic it is, that so many identify God with hatred. Mankind bears the responsibility for that.

My preachy two cents lol.

• Like 2

I believe in a God, i believe there is a heaven and hell, but my conviction is:

"Do good with no looking who."

The life is weird, with highs and lows, but if you know how to take whatever life gives you, you will be happy.

I personally do not believe in God. I believe the universe was created through particles forming. (science mumbo jumbo) but in a discussion at school someone spoke up and said that it makes sense that the universe formed from particles and such but who created the first particle and set it into motion

• Like 2

I believe that all "religions" are an attempt to connect with that which we can't see. Our creation is a gift, no matter how you define it's conception. It sickens me that we blame our creator for our failings. <_<

Therefore, I don't care much for the how of it, but I care deeply about the why. Spiritual seeking of a higher way to be, or people seeking ways to be better, not just for themselves, but for everyone is a great thing, and most religions propagate that, most of the time. I think it does not matter which path we take, as long as we walk that path with compassion, gratitude, truth, and as much joy as we can muster. :D

I too have been led from the brink, on more than one occasion, by that which we can not see. Noone will ever convince me that we are nothing more than a random assortment of celestial dust bunnies. :crazy

Edited by soulJAHmon
  • Like 1

I believe that all "religions" are an attempt to connect with that which we can't see. Our creation is a gift, no matter how you define it's conception. Therefore, I don't care much for the how of it, but I care deeply about the why. Spiritual seeking of a higher way to be, or people seeking ways to be better, not just for themselves, but for everyone is a great thing, and most religions propagate that, most of the time. I think it does not matter which path we take, as long as we walk that path with compassion, gratitude, and as much joy as we can muster. I too have been led from the brink, on more than one occasion, by that which we can not see. Noone will ever convince me that we are nothing more than a random assortment of celestial dust bunnies.

I like this I like this alot thats a cool way to think of it thanx for your imput :)

This is just my thing, so don't flame its my opinion.

Know God No Peace, No God Know Peace.

I'm aware that this is very close minded, because obviously people will still fight. Though if you notice most countries fight because we all believe in different things. People just need to learn to stop trying to force feed everything down each others throats and fight for things that need to be fought for. Like advancement in medical science. I would love to see cures for disease instead of just "temporary" tricks.

• Like 1

This is just my thing, so don't flame its my opinion.

Know God No Peace, No God Know Peace.

no flames here I honestly think we can discuss things close to our heart and do it with compassion and for thought for the others involved and if you read the other posts you can see that this is true we have a great community here. Edited by FTW YoMomma

Weird how religion effects us all. Raised Roman Catholic myself and a alter boy for 8 yrs, mass was still half in latin, I have walk through the streets that Christ has, got a weird feeling..

I have walked though the fields of the Battle of the Bulge, and beaches of Iwo Jima, the hair stands up on the back of your neck

but I still think Aliens had allot to do with what religion is based upon.

Personally I blame the internet for flooding my brain with some much information on science :google and the Vatican for locking away religious history :eek, which is knowledge.

That and I still think if you blow on the Popes ring it will whistle. :exclaim

Religion is used as support for people that can't handle their problems anymore. It teaches you life lessons

that you can easily find by yourself too by reading books or think logical ones in a while. Hundreds of years

ago, people didn't have access to this much information to come to conclusion we can do now. That is why

the bible is pretty useless now. You can read it as a summary and end up with thinking: hmmm, I actually

already new all, just never put these ideas in words.

No, religion can stay for people that find support in it. But I am not one of them. Teaching religion at school

should be stopped. Religion should be something you discover on your own. Lucky my parents weren't

religious and my grandparents neither and I was still really young when I decided nothing like a god could

exist in this world.

Religion and science are 2 different things to me, they can't be compared and they can't be used together.

This is sadly not true at this moment. Embryology research is often stopped by the church while it could

save literally millions and millions of lives. This has forced universities doing this kind of research to rethink

their participation in church. For example in Belgium the Katholic University of Louvain (KUL) was thinking to

rename itself to University of Louvain because the pope criticise their embryology research.

For me religion did more bad than good (think about the millions that got slaughtered in the name of some

kind of religion). But you can't just banish it out of our society although I hope it slowly bleeds dry thou.

ps.: Got to say one thing and sorry for it but it absolutely disgusts me in the deepest of my soul to how America

is increasingly teaching creationism in their schools

Edited by MiLkZz
  • Like 1

Im a free man and i respect who have theyr choises in what to belive..

i choose to be an atheist..like other ppl have the right to choose be a christian or jewish..

i have nothing against them...if they let me have the liberty to choose what i want too..

Dont impose...let the ppl be free to choose..

i belive in my friends ,family and all the ppl that wish me good..

and all the things that i see whit my own eyes

i dont like just the hipocrisy of the pope when he ask to kill the hunger in Africa..he having shoes of 10000 euros and drinking in cups of Gold..

i think the church have money to kill the hunger in many countrys whitout becaming poor..but its always better to ask the poor to help..

And yeah the creationism or evolutionism...we all know where we came from...

no need to say more..Cience already prove all..

no one came here clap the fingers and puff create the Man..

sorry but its what i think

thx

Edited by LuCkY13**

The Prodestant church does a lot in the carribean, latin/south america, africa, and Asia. But u have to remember that poverty is NOT fixed with money or giving out food.

No amount of money or food will fix the problems in Haiti (for example).