Religion yeap i'm askin

YoMomma

My belief is that without religion we could then start to move toward true equality.Yes there would be folks that still harbor the thought thay are better than others but I would think that would be a few and not the norm.

We (Christians) don't believe that we're better than any1.

=========================================================

Personally, I don't see why Christianity and Science have to be opposites. Actually, as a Christian, it is illogical to say that science is wrong or that we don't need/want science. I love Science, but it'll never convince me that there isn't a God.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

Hey i'm a Christian :)

Being a Christian is part of who we are. Saying that we can't talk about that, is saying I can't talk about something that is a part of me, just as much as gaming is a part of me.

Nothing wrong with it being a part of who you are bud. :) I'm opposed to the people who feel that's their first (and usually only) defining quality. Personally, I believe who you are and how you act is a reflection of your spiritual/religious belief, and you shouldn't have to tell people what you are, as it would be apparent if they knew you. :)

Nothing wrong with it being a part of who you are bud. :) I'm opposed to the people who feel that's their first (and usually only) defining quality. Personally, I believe who you are and how you act is a reflection of your spiritual/religious belief, and you shouldn't have to tell people what you are, as it would be apparent if they knew you. :)

True, but that would depend on your assumptions about "religious" people.

The main cause of strife and hostility when it comes to religion discussions (or religion and science) - are those who take a hard line for or against (IMO). Personally, how can you say one is true while the other is not, without definite proof? That's like saying an green crayon tastes like a lime because it has the same color, but have you eaten one? No? Then let it go. :P

all in all, I'm agnostic. I believe there is probably a higher power, but I withhold judgement/acceptance until I have proof. Until then, I just try to live a good life, respect nature and other humans. :)

• Like 2

I agree with that, it makes sense not to hold onto something too hard until you have proof.

All i'm saying is that if you are a Christian and believe that God made everything. Than science is actually the study of what God has created and the laws He set in place. So it is illogical for me to say science is wrong or bad, actually I love science. Its why i'm studying engineering :P.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Revenant but I also think its time for change now not later its sad to wake up and look around and see all the hurt and know that a change in our core beliefs is what is needed but yet not know how to go about it I would also like to say thank you all for tacking part in the discussion I truly believe that talking it out is the one way to find new ideas and to move forward :)PEACE :)

Edited by FTW YoMomma
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Revenant but I also think its time for change now not later its sad to wake up and look around and see all the hurt and know that a change in our core beliefs is what is needed but yet not know how to go about it I would also like to say thank you all for tacking part in the discussion I truly believe that talking it out is the one way to find new ideas and to move forward :)PEACE :)

How do we get this change?

Get out with this topic seriously, I know I can be a troll at times like yoyo but this is seriously not something that should be debating on a gaming website.

Yes care and action teaching and learning but it takes all of us I just dont see it happening soon we can talk all we want but thats not getting it done thats why I put forth the question what is it that is holding us back is it religion is it faith that cant be proven what is at fault.

Get out with this topic seriously, I know I can be a troll at times like yoyo but this is seriously not something that should be debating on a gaming website.

I would hope with a site like this with a great community people will post because they feel like they have something to contribute to the discussion and if not then they can just skip it.We discuss all kinds of things in our community thats why I love this place because people are cool and have something to say Edited by FTW YoMomma

I would hope with a site like this with a great community people will post because they feel like they have something to contribute to the discussion and if not then they can just skip it.We discuss all kinds of things in our community thats why I love this place because people are cool and have something to say

They will have something to say but it won't be the right answers you are looking for when you stir up a topic such as this

I'm a catholic, but it's hard to want to be, especially coming from Ireland. Ours is a country where the Church was allowed to do such horrible, horrible things -

The Magdalene Laundries - where women that had children out of wedlock would be sent and would have to suffer such severe conditions and their children would be taken away from them, sent to various state facilities. One of these existed in my city, at this statue was erected in memory of the poor women who were sent there.

Not even to mention the heinous and utterly disgusting molestation of children that went on for decades, some of the priests are still free and the Vatican has barely acknowledged these things happen.

Then there's the North of my country, where it's Catholic vs Protestant. While most of the violence is gone, compared to previously, there are still some areas that you just cannot enter if you're a member of either religion, for fear of violence.

• Like 1

I have to disagree Mccloud I am a open minded person and do care what others think and want new ideas thats why I posted the thread It is an important topic to me and it may be important to others and it most certainly needs more discussion because everyone has a right to say whats up as long as we fallow the rules. :)

I'm a catholic, but it's hard to want to be, especially coming from Ireland. Ours is a country where the Church was allowed to do such horrible, horrible things -

The Magdalene Laundries - where women that had children out of wedlock would be sent and would have to suffer such severe conditions and their children would be taken away from them, sent to various state facilities. One of these existed in my city, at this statue was erected in memory of the poor women who were sent there.

Not even to mention the heinous and utterly disgusting molestation of children that went on for decades, some of the priests are still free and the Vatican has barely acknowledged these things happen.

Then there's the North of my country, where it's Catholic vs Protestant. While most of the violence is gone, compared to previously, there are still some areas that you just cannot enter if you're a member of either religion, for fear of violence.

This is why I posted this discussion I wish to weigh the pros and cons and open dialogue thank you so much for the post

If anyone has any good books about this topic(that can be posted) please include them I would love to have the info also tell why you thought the book was good for you.Im not sure if you can post links so I wouldnt do that.

Edited by FTW YoMomma