what technology do you think has revolutionised automobile industry?

rajaah thunder

hi my dear mates,

As i have told in my application about myself , i just love cars . I am thinking that i know a lot about cars ... my classmates too think the same . But i JUST NOW REALIZED THAT I know only a tiny drop of information from the mighty ocean . So what i thought was that i could rather start putting up topics about cars and bikes . So here's my first topic ...

there's been lots of innovation in automobile sector ever since the days of benz and dailmer .... SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS THE BEST INNOVATION THAT HAS TRANSFORMED OR WILL TRASFORM CARS .

............................................................................................ rajaah thunder :D

Fuel injection (efi, direct injection, etc.), overhead cams, variable timing. Alot has advanced to balance performance & economy since I was a kid.

I prefer raw HP produced by a naturally aspirated engine over anything out there today, however. Something that needs a computer to tune? No thanks. The only thing I needed to tune my '69 chevelle was a timing light, some wrenches and my eyes, ears, nose & bare hands.

• Like 1

Fuel injection (efi, direct injection, etc.), overhead cams, variable timing. Alot has advanced to balance performance & economy since I was a kid.

I prefer raw HP produced by a naturally aspirated engine over anything out there today, however. Something that needs a computer to tune? No thanks. The only thing I needed to tune my '69 chevelle was a timing light, some wrenches and my eyes, ears, nose & bare hands.

yeah buddy u r r8 ....... too much of computerization is bad. I am thinking of doing a graduation in mechanical enginnering once i complete schooling :D ...

Israel has come up with engines that will make use of just about any source already, its probably going thru the stages of making it practical. When the arabs say no more oil to israel they will just say no prob.

Car Engines...

From old hand-cranked to W16(twin V8's) engines

bugatti-veyron-super-sports-480.jpg

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (fastest car in the world)

I'd agree with this.

but isn't the Veyron the fastest street legal car? I'm pretty sure there are faster cars that are not street legal

• 1 month later...

Transporters!!! Like in Star Trek !!Lmao!!!

Can we get rid of big oil companies first before pursuing a cleaner future with the automobile? I think they are a road block to any new techno gadget for cars. We should be driving hydrogen cell powered vehicles now considering it was developed in the 40's by the Germans but the technology mysteriously disappeared when we invaded Germany and brought the scientist to area 51. ( Shutup BoB ) lol.

I ride my mountain bike pretty much everywhere, I use my Van maybe once a week. Its good for me plus I laugh when I go by the gas stations around here and see the price of gas. I'm sorry I really don't support any new ideas for cars till you start at the top and cut the head off big oil. They run or have their fingers in pretty much everything, till you start their, you can dream all you want about chit that will never happen. Plus the bottom line is ya it looks cool but it won't ever be in your garage. Plus the technology is there to replace all fuel burning engines ( the vehicles you own right now ) with Hydrogen but the big three won't do it because big oil has a grip around them. ( there goes Bob again just rambling on )

later

If your confused so am I.

Edited by Fish4Life

i have transformer as my car.

u ride a transformer ? yuk!! :P ... i used to ride a batmobile whn i am bored

Yes, they are hiding the hydrogen cell technology in Area 51.... along with the perpetual motion machine.

seems there are companies which are trying to stop the growth of eco-friendly science .. will make a gud plot for another sci-fi movie :D