swine flu

krAzy :)

I am ignorant about all this vaccination shit. If they tell me there is a 5% chance of getting swine flu from the vaccine itself, I will not take it. I don't know what the chances are. Personally I don't think about such stupid things like the flu. If I got it and died, well tough cookies for me. Generally I am anti government and do not trust them to make a good vaccine. My mother is a family doctor and my sister is a nurse, so I hear the most amazing healthcare f***ups all the time.

Remember: TRUST NO ONE (especially me)

lol good advice.

They are out of vaccine here anyway. People were standing in line outside for hours to get it. You'd probably get sicker from all the people standing in line coughing and blowing snot in the air lol.

People...U are all talking about normal FLU which is nothing compared to SWINE FLU.Distinguish these 2 words!

Good point, unless you get tested, you don't know which one you got. I know it's epidemic here in Missouri, so I'm assuming that's what I caught.

Really, for teenagers, and mid 30's, you got nothing to worry about..

Swine flu is just a regular flu, but your body just doesnt know how to react to it.

My friend had it, and we all thought he was going to die. He came back 4 days later all cured.

So its basically like a flu with slightly worse effects.

oh you will be sick for few days, but really you arent going to die unless your immune system overreacts (happens when you are too healthy)

or if you are very old or very young...

I want to get it really, i wouldnt mind missing some physics and statistic classes.

I read an article today about the swine flu pandemic. It said that at least 5.7 million people in the US have been infected, and there have been at least 1300 deaths. Sounds scary, but that's less than a 1 in 4000 chance of getting killed from it when you do the math. Malaria and hunger kill hundreds of millions of people and this gets almost no attention.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN3043531120091030

I read an article today about the swine flu pandemic. It said that at least 5.7 million people in the US have been infected, and there have been at least 1300 deaths. Sounds scary, but that's less than a 1 in 4000 chance of getting killed from it when you do the math. Malaria and hunger kill hundreds of millions of people and this gets almost no attention.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN3043531120091030

It's possible that 1300 died.But yes america has only 301.693.000 people so -1300 very big deal ye.I think more people did suicide then died of that flu.That's all just big bullshit which makes people even more scared then they are,and only big advertisement for pharmacy industry ;) .C'mon phantom u talk like u would be scared to death.And these 1300 people who died weren't normal people trust me,they were very sensitive people,f***ed up immune system and shit like that.It's unnecessary to make news from little mosquito to elephant :)

It's possible that 1300 died.But yes america has only 301.693.000 people so -1300 very big deal ye.I think more people did suicide then died of that flu.That's all just big bullshit which makes people even more scared then they are,and only big advertisement for pharmacy industry ;) .C'mon phantom u talk like u would be scared to death.And these 1300 people who died weren't normal people trust me,they were very sensitive people,f***ed up immune system and shit like that.It's unnecessary to make news from little mosquito to elephant :)

lol no I think you misread my sarcasm. I'm not scared of it, I already had it and got over it. My point is that even if you get it, you have a 1 in 4000 chance of dying from it, so it's nothing compared to real killers like hunger and malaria.

It sucks, but I never felt bad enough to go to the hospital and pay $100 to see a doctor (even with my insurance it is still expensive). A lot of people here say the same thing. The government has no idea how many people really have it, because millions of people like me don't go to the hospital unless we have a car accident or something like that, even with health insurance.

So instead of a 1 in 4000 it is probably 1 in 10,000 chance of dying.

lol no I think you misread my sarcasm. I'm not scared of it, I already had it and got over it. My point is that even if you get it, you have a 1 in 4000 chance of dying from it, so it's nothing compared to real killers like hunger and malaria.

It sucks, but I never felt bad enough to go to the hospital and pay $100 to see a doctor (even with my insurance it is still expensive). A lot of people here say the same thing. The government has no idea how many people really have it, because millions of people like me don't go to the hospital unless we have a car accident or something like that, even with health insurance.

So instead of a 1 in 4000 it is probably 1 in 10,000 chance of dying.

Indeed

lol good advice.

They are out of vaccine here anyway. People were standing in line outside for hours to get it. You'd probably get sicker from all the people standing in line coughing and blowing snot in the air lol.

lol. That's how the first zombie pandemic started. A bunch of snot blowing.