A Gerat Man Died Today

JARHEADE9

My Father a W.W.2 war Hero died this morning at 0532am I have and always will be so proud of my Father that is why I joined the marine Corps to be like him . In a concentraion camp my Father and his 6 man unit save 650 Jewish people from a gas chamber and got them to a Army medcail unit 67 miles away they left no one behind ! My Father was wounded and shipped out to A French Hospital where he demaned to be released and shipped back to his unit My Father has two purple hearts and the medal of honer he retired form the Marines in 1966 the year I was born . He severed for 34 years and retired as a Lt.Con U.S.M.C So if I am not around for awhile every knows why !

This will be the saddest day of my life !

My Father a W.W.2 war Hero died this morning at 0532am I have and always will be so proud of my Father that is why I joined the marine Corps to be like him . In a concentraion camp my Father and his 6 man unit save 650 Jewish people from a gas chamber and got them to a Army medcail unit 67 miles away they left no one behind ! My Father was wounded and shipped out to A French Hospital where he demaned to be released and shipped back to his unit My Father has two purple hearts and the medal of honer he retired form the Marines in 1966 the year I was born . He severed for 34 years and retired as a Lt.Con U.S.M.C So if I am not around for awhile every knows why !

This will be the saddest day of my life !

My deepest condolences & im proud u will always remember & love your dad , i have seen a lot of ww2 movies an man just reading your words i can imagine his life and the moments of love , glory and honor , i feel ur lost and i know he is in a better place now , much love to you friend .

Thank you all of you who read this and post your respects I true do love me Dad he was my idol and my Hero he was the reason I became a Marine he was truely a hero to all of those people he always got cards and letters from some of them he funeral will be massive he is going home to Arlington National cemitary on friday ! Once more thank your for your kind words !

You have our sympathy and understanding.

My Grandfather died four years ago. He served in combat against the Japanese in Burma in WWII. He later served in the US Army Air Corps as an officer in the Korean War.

As Patton said, we should not be sorry that they died, we should thank God that such men lived.