Server Update COD4 Server Update - New IP's

daredevil

• Administrators

Woohoo, fantastic. Now we should get some players. I put together some binds to broadcast on the Beginners server. Great Work Dare despite what everyone says about you. :P Also I assume that the Mix Gametype server is no longer?

http://fearless-assa...od4servers.html

I see mix gametype server on :)

I also sended out emails for COD4 server IP change.

• Like 1

i c that ppl still playing in our old IP even the new IP is spammed every second(i am talk about COD HC server)

i tried to make they goto our new IP but no success..

some chance to redirect IP's or just players get auto kicked with reason "join our new IP 108.61.21.94:28930"?

• Administrators

i c that ppl still playing in our old IP even the new IP is spammed every second(i am talk about COD HC server)

i tried to make they goto our new IP but no success..

some chance to redirect IP's or just players get auto kicked with reason "join our new IP 108.61.21.94:28930"?

May be I will make server 1 slot? So only one player can join? That would give server full message to others? And change serve name to "New Server IP: "

??

i think it would work if you change both (server name increased with new IP) and 1 slot with banner spamming.

edit:maybe its better if we had 3 slots because the traffic. people can understand that the server is full and go to other(in the case who connect typing ip in the console like me)

Edited by Dougl@s

I've been checking in on the new Abnerdog/no marty server pretty much every morning but it's been empty so far. Gonna check again in a few minutes to see if the population is beginning to gain momentum. Obviously, when the old server goes down, more players will show up. I'm looking forward to actually playing on there.

Agreed with Ow. The new servers are not as populated yet, despite all the binds. However I do believe that they(players) will move to the new servers when the old one goes down. The new servers have the same name and I highly doubt that the majority of players look at the server info to check IP's. They most likely connect just by seeing the name and knowing its there. If they have it (the old server) in their favorites after it closes, I am sure that they will use their noggin to check the master list and find the new one. Also there been quite a few complaints on the old servers about the spamming of the binds. I would ask that the binds be limited to a longer interval. It is a bit distracting and takes up a good fourth of my computer screen. Plus if someone types something you cant catch it because the binds immediately push it from view. Yes you can see it if you open the console, but then that takes over your whole screen and risks you getting killed or missing other important things (messages, hacks etc.) $0.02

i don't see any way to get new server populated if we(members) don't enforce we are moving server with same configuration PLUS we need more members playing in our new server even its empty...i know we have more than 10 member that play in the HC abner.

right now when i put my words here we have 1x1 +me as spec in our new server and 11x11+8 specs in our old server..

i don't see any way to get new server populated if we(members) don't enforce we are moving server with same configuration PLUS we need more members playing in our new server even its empty...i know we have more than 10 member that play in the HC abner.

right now when i put my words here we have 1x1 +me as spec in our new server and 11x11+8 specs in our old server..

Problem is, that people want to play with many people. They see little player on the new server and leave and then they see many people on the old server, so they stay.

• Administrators

I am going to make server slots to 2 and make that private slot so no one can join server but they can still see it online.... and change server name to "New Server IP: "

That would resolve all things and all will be on new server. Going to do that tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

nice!

i am gonna camping a bit in our new but i think no one gonna show up.

waiting changes tomorrow :fixed:yahoo

• Like 1

• Administrators

nice!

i am gonna camping a bit in our new but i think no one gonna show up.

waiting changes tomorrow :fixed:yahoo

Try now... All old server IP should say server full. Server Name changed to show new server IP.

Now no one can play on old server.

Got to finally play on the new server last night. Great job, Dare. I started asking people to come over form old server. then a few of us took turns going to the old one to bring others over. Though it wasn't crowded, we got a good group going in there.

• Like 1

cool!

i am gonna try at nite!

hope to see our new server full as our old one :)