Wall hackers

The way banning works, is by banning their guid. If they have more guids (by buying the game or w/e) then they come back. Even if you could ban them by cd key, buying a new game could bypass that ban also (just like the guid).

Also, wall hack is pretty hard to find, espeically since most do a good job of hiding it.

We do the best we can.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

I see quite a lot, and I always report them. especially in "No marty - Recruting" Server, cause it doesn't have PB. Its amazing when all admins are off: that server becomes a hacking nest

I see quite a lot, and I always report them. especially in "No marty - Recruting" Server, cause it doesn't have PB. Its amazing when all admins are off: that server becomes a hacking nest

I know, when I get on in the morning, there are usually a good amount on. But they scatter once you ban the first one.

I say that we just find what we can, and report them, past punkbuster and banning, not much else we can do. I doubt people are willing to buy another copy of cod4 just to spam us though.

Someone may have to explain the concept of "Wall Hacking" to me as I am not sure what it is. I think it is where people know where targets are behind walls through some type of aimbot. The discussion kind of worries me because with deep impact perk I often shot through walls and kill people. Sometimes I know they are there becaue I see bullet tracers coming through a window or doorway or I ran by the spot and was killed by someone hiding in that area. For instance the other night in Broadcast I was outside in front of the sniper house standing on the pallets and noticed to the right by the dumpsters and the door leading into the lower room all my guys trying to run in or by were getting mowed down. I started running a line of shots across the wall until I got a hit indicator and then I focused on that spot until I got a kill. In another map there was a sniper lying on a stair landing against the outside wall. He had taken me out a couple of times and then luckly I spawned just to the side of the steps. I couldn't see him, but fired some shots at the outside wall and killed him. As stated the discussin worries me because I often kill people behind walls and it isn't due to any hacking or non-allowed perks. If it is something more obvious than what I described then I should have no worries, but if it is just the fack that people are getting killed behind walls then how do you distinguish the hackers from someone that observers their surroundings and makes an educated guess at where the enemy is located?

Someone may have to explain the concept of "Wall Hacking" to me as I am not sure what it is. I think it is where people know where targets are behind walls through some type of aimbot. The discussion kind of worries me because with deep impact perk I often shot through walls and kill people. Sometimes I know they are there becaue I see bullet tracers coming through a window or doorway or I ran by the spot and was killed by someone hiding in that area. For instance the other night in Broadcast I was outside in front of the sniper house standing on the pallets and noticed to the right by the dumpsters and the door leading into the lower room all my guys trying to run in or by were getting mowed down. I started running a line of shots across the wall until I got a hit indicator and then I focused on that spot until I got a kill. In another map there was a sniper lying on a stair landing against the outside wall. He had taken me out a couple of times and then luckly I spawned just to the side of the steps. I couldn't see him, but fired some shots at the outside wall and killed him. As stated the discussin worries me because I often kill people behind walls and it isn't due to any hacking or non-allowed perks. If it is something more obvious than what I described then I should have no worries, but if it is just the fack that people are getting killed behind walls then how do you distinguish the hackers from someone that observers their surroundings and makes an educated guess at where the enemy is located?

Personally, ive been playing Call Of Duty series for 8 years and i can tell without any doubt if anyone is wallhacking. Wallhackers started in Call Of Duty : United Offensive in search and destroy scrim match, then more and more started to happen since in scrim SnD, theres no killcam. Then CoD2 came out, best FPS WW2 game in my opinion (and best Call Of Duty game) and had a good admin setting of most server for anti cheat (wallhackers, famous aimbot , auto name changers were really hard to gets). Wallhackers can see through smokes, walls, building, literally everything. They follow you while you move and then kill you the instant you reach clear shot. Someone , like you, who know where the guy was because you got killed there, saw on UAV or prefire because theres 90% of chance theres someone is normal. Dont worry, alot of people do like that because you know.... its you or him so better take every chance on your side.

Perfect that is what I wanted to hear. Thanks as always. Of course now Forsaken will be picking at me about wallhacking I'm sure. At least we can joke in the game about it, some people just take it way too seriously. Don't get me wrong I do get frustrated from time to time, but I am there just to have fun and not to try and win a medal.

Again thanks for the explaination.

If they are smart, which alot of them that have to PAY for these things are, you will have to catch them slipping up for you to have a definetive answer to whether or not they are hacking. In ET its so much easier because you take a demo, load the demo, type in r_shownormals 1 and turn on ET's build in wallhack, and watch the demo and it was easy to determine who was walling or not. Spamming common camp spots, choke points, blips on the radar or at "sounds" are all so common youd be hard pressed to spot one who is ONLY using a wallhack. Chances are hes using a multihack which has more than a wallhack, and if its not a humanized bot then you can easily tell that as well. I just recently found out you can shoot up through floors so now im having a feild day with that. LOL

If they are smart, which alot of them that have to PAY for these things are, you will have to catch them slipping up for you to have a definetive answer to whether or not they are hacking. In ET its so much easier because you take a demo, load the demo, type in r_shownormals 1 and turn on ET's build in wallhack, and watch the demo and it was easy to determine who was walling or not. Spamming common camp spots, choke points, blips on the radar or at "sounds" are all so common youd be hard pressed to spot one who is ONLY using a wallhack. Chances are hes using a multihack which has more than a wallhack, and if its not a humanized bot then you can easily tell that as well. I just recently found out you can shoot up through floors so now im having a feild day with that. LOL

I love shooting through the floors. Plus just set up a LMG class and boy it is fun to kill through the walls (with UAV of course). BUt like Forsaken says, it usually is a multihack and not wallhack by itsself.

just got out of your new cod4 server, because theres a player going by the name of wall banger, beleive me that he is. pb is not enabled on that server ?

I would like to see more done with wall hackers. Seems like they are becoming more prevalent. Cannot they not be banned by their cd key or serial.

Yes they can, I use to run 3 Ded. servers in codmw.

To the OP: we ban hackers all the time. On average I ban 3 people every day I play. If you could see the ban reports and the suspected cheaters section in the private clan section of the forums you would see many people taking a very active role in policing cheaters. The unfortunate reality though is there are probably thousands of hackers out there. We ban them when they come on but there will always be more. If you want to help out, get active. There is a cheater report section on the forums. Just getting the name of a hacker out there alerts admins to watch someone. Better yet, get the Xfires of whatever admins you see regularly on your server.

• Like 2