Creating soundpacks

Platonic

Hi all, here I am with another support request.

I want to make a soundpack, but theres some information that I need.

First of all, I would like to know if it is necessary to make the ui file manually. isn't there any program that can do it automatically?

I tought, for example, of awbsoundpackcreator or soundpackcomposer

Secondly, I would like to know how to optimize sounds.

Thirdly, I would like to know if the rest of the tutorial is complete. Are there any other things I should know before I can make a proper soundpack?

I have attached a soundpack I made with awbsoundpackcreator as a test. I would love to know if this is the correct way. If it is, you can even ignore my previous questions. I think it isn't tough, it was too easy :)

At last I would also love to know how I could test it myself, so I don't have to ask someone else :)

z_message.pk3

Try to use "Wave sound editor" to optimize your sound, its easy to use

Edited by Baska

If sounds are mono, it should work.

And it really isnt harder to do, then this. Seems you created in the way it should be.

But, did you chane anything about the sizes of your menu?

rect 0 19 204 180

rect ......

Things that often go wrong, is that the sizes of your menu's dont fit anymore after you added new categories. You have to make your menu bigger then, or a little smaller, otherwise the textmessages are visible out of the menu box. Get my point? Way to know it, is to upload it to a server...

Anyway nice job,

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Didn't expect it to be alright already ^^

Thanks for the download dare, I'll use it.

The only problem I'm having right now is that I can't host a server. I was hoping there was another way :D

I'm not on my own computer right now so can't tell the errormessage, I'll add it later.