vke

ET on Vmware

Question

Does anyone know if ET 2.55 will run good on vmware? im getting a mac book for graduation and i don't want to have to run 2.60b

3 answers to this question

Why not install vista on macbook? Dual boot?

As far as I am aware .55 for Mac doesn't exist. Probably someone using Mac could put some word on it.

Does anyone know if ET 2.55 will run good on vmware? im getting a mac book for graduation and i don't want to have to run 2.60b

Hey ElitelJJ,

I just upgraded to the newest version of parallels with XP installed on my year old MBP. I can honestly say it's a huge difference, but dual boot would work best since you could actually make full use of the video cards

I did go from about 15fps in the older version of parallels to 54-65, and I'm only dedicating about 1GB of ram to the VM (out of 4GB).

If your talking about VMware Fusion for the Mac, then I'm sorry I can't be of much help. I've never used it. I am however pretty impressed with the new ver. of parallels. I think it dropped my CPU utilization down close to half of what it was before, not to mention the other bells and whistles.

Hope this helped B)

EDIT: One more thing..using parallels for Windows 7 64-bit Is awesome..up until you get to the where it says you can't install it anymore due to a .dll missing. :D