Aiming

VvwvV

yes true i like it but lots of people tell me to crouch and this video says not to

Ill find wat better for me :) thankyou every1

And also i heard that the type of mouse will afffect accuracy and i have 2 runescape accouts i am willing 2 sell with good stuff for 40 dollars....... pm me if ur interested

• Clan Friend

yes true i like it but lots of people tell me to crouch and this video says not to

That video is good but it's for rtcw. Anyway you can figure out yourself:

1. download some demos of good aimers, or record them yourself from ettv servers

2. watch them with third person view (I think the key is 'enter')

3. see how much and when they crouch :P

Imho in 'slow' mods like etpro you crouch more, but recently I play so bad that I don't know whether my advice is good or not anymore...

In 2008-2009 I always got even scores in all (public) servers included those etpro servers which at the time were regarded as 'skilled' (and still are). An even score is not pro, but at least average.

Now I often get 2 deaths for every kill, I don't know what happened, maybe 2 much jaymod...

And the funny thing is that I get always an almost even damage but my k/d is 1:2, probably I get crossfired too much

I played a lot, but you can't imporve forever, at most I could hope to get back from low- to low/low+ as I was before, but I will never in my life be med or high. Talent is something you can't get just with training.

p.s.

You need a gaming mouse and a decent surface. Even a cheap gaming mouse but still gaming mouse. I know there are some pros who own with cheap mice but we are not pros, so we should try to get our max potential :P

Mouse pads are underrated as well, I don't use a real mousepad, but I use a glass surface (that kind which doesn't reflect light, I don't know the name), so it could be compared to an icemat.

When I tried my mouse on a cheap pad, my movement was noticeably worse due to friction. So mouse pad counts.

Old RtCW vid., with some good aiming advice (sadly the original youtube went down, so I had to scrounge around and upload it).

http://own3d.tv/v/658714

It is a good video and I certainly learned a lot from that when I wanted to improve my aiming in ET. However, it advises that the "snaps" cvar is set to a value of "40"? Pretty sure that most servers now will kick a player for tinkering with that particular cvar so best to keep that at the default "20"? : ]

• Clan Friend

It is a good video and I certainly learned a lot from that when I wanted to improve my aiming in ET. However, it advises that the "snaps" cvar is set to a value of "40"? Pretty sure that most servers now will kick a player for tinkering with that particular cvar so best to keep that at the default "20"? : ]

rtcw != et, but some things are the same, (mouse sensitivity, etc. since they both share quake3 engine, but the playing style is different) It's like comparing jaymod to etpro, the game is the same, but because of little differences in player speed, physics and bullet hit detection, you need to learn the mod you want to play most, especially when it comes to movement.

snaps 40 makes sense only if the server has sv_fps 40, which in turn makes no sense, since the game is made to run at 20fps, at least Bani says it and I always trust him

• 1 month later...

And also i heard that the type of mouse will afffect accuracy

Crouching is fine, if it works for you, do it. Crouching will decrease the bullet-spread of your gun (useful when shooting at targets far away), and potentially mess up your opponent's aim (if you constantly bob up and down in a firefight, it can also make it hard for an opponent to get headshots). The downside is that if you crouch in the middle of a fight, and want to get headshots, you'll have to adjust your aim.

On mice: You don't need a super high DPI mouse (anything with 400 or more is fine), but it should be wired. Perhaps more importantly, you should disable mouse acceleration in Windows (you'll need to google the steps for whatever version of Windows you run).

(Apologies, for injecting the thread with a zombie contagion).

Edited by Brisk

Only use crouch to brake your opponents aim at your head. Sometimes in a quick 1vs1 both with adre on jaymod, you

feel that your opponent almost or is doing a headshot. Often if you fight a good opponent the 1hs will quickly be followed

by more, so you crouch to break his headshot spree as you can call it. Just really shortly thou, like 1 second or so, just so

he has to pull his aim down to hit you, than you burst back up and finish with a headshot or 2 if necessary.

honestly, what helped me the most was setting my vertical sens really low compared to my horizontal sens. (logi g500 mouse software) I used that for about a month, to force myself to keep my aim up around head level. After that I reset it more normal, but still keep a healthy difference in the sens.

I normally get around 42-48 percent acc, and around 1.3 hs to kills, sometimes better.

My problem is rushing too much and not hanging back and thinking my way through a map.