ETKEY

goku

Hello, i was just wondering why i have a GUID on hardcore/silents servers but not on jaymod or Noquarter. It's the strangest thing because i have and etkey. Do i need to replace it or is it a glitch?

Could it be that your etkey file is in the silent mod directory instead of the etmain directory? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

What do you actually mean by not having a GUID on those servers?

-RoGue

ahh sup rogue long time no see, I checked and it's inside the etmain folder. When i connect to the other servers my lv is gone and have so xp, yet when on hardcore and silent its completely fine. When a member !listplayers they say i have no guid..

Try connecting to a PB enabled server for a bit, this should give you a GUID if you don't have one. You can use the /pb_myguid console command to check what your GUID is. If nothing else works, you can delete your etkey file and connect to a PB server, this should give you a new GUID as well at the cost of all your xp and levels.

Did this problem happen suddenly or did you not go to the affected servers for an extended period of time. I seem to remember something about the jaymod servers being reset every once in a while.

-RoGue

Did you try this?

If /cl_guid reveals that you have an *Unknown* guid, join a server then type the following:

/pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; reconnect;

This should solve all issues.

Source: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/

@rogue just happen within the week.

@kami ill try it and tell you what happens thanks for help :)

Yes it worked thank you kami!

Ok so i thought it worked until i exited et and when i came back it was unknown again. So i got new etkey, put into etmain folder, did the steps from Chuckuns post. Then again it worked at first, but when i exited it went back to unknown. I'm stuck :(

• Clan Friend

pb must be enabled when you start the game, otherwise you'll have no guid regardless of the fact that you have an etkey

try making a shortcut to et with

+set cl_punkbuster 1

at the end of the command line

or try putting this to your autoexec.cfg (this is what I used to have in mine before I started using tzac)

seta cl_punkbuster "1"
pb_cl_enable
pb_LogToFile "1"
pb_system "0"
pb_security "0"
pb_sleep "500"
pb_cdkeyverauto "1"
PB_SsLog "1"
PB_SsSave "1"
pb_writecfg

p.s.

why pb_system 1 ? I have always played with 0 :unsure:

1 should be an alternative memory scan system for those who have problems with the default