How take demos and screenshots

(Snake)

What is the CONSOLE? How do I open it?

* Press your ˜ (tilde) key to bring down the console. (Normally the key above the TAB and below the ESC). Every command should be entered in the console to make it work.

Too bring down the console in full screen press "SHIFT" + ˜ (tilde) and use the scroll wheel of your mouse to navigate up or down inside the console.

Demos:

You can take a demo doing this:

/record
This is to start recording.(It goes into the console)

/stoprecord
And this is to stop it. (It goes into the console)

Other way to take a demo is inserting this in your cfg::

Bind F12 "record"
Bind F9 "stoprecord"
This gonna start recording when you press "F12",and then stop it, when you press "F9".

The videos that you take,gonna be placed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos Well, this is the default location.

To see the video,you need to save them into you C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare\ folder under demos (you may have to make it) then launch the game and load the "ModWarfare" mod then type in console /demo (name)

OR,here is another program that will let you watch your videos: CoD4 Demo-Viewer

If you want to share your video or post it in forums,you can do it from here: Mediafire

Screenshots:

You can take a screenshot in CoD4 doing this(It goes into the console):

/screenshotjpeg
(It goes into the console)

Other way to take a screenshot is inserting this in your cfg::

Bind F11 "screenshotjpeg"

This gonna take a screenshot every time that you press "F11"

The screenshots that you take,gonna be placed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\screenshots Well, this is the default location.

If you want to share your screenshots or post it in forums,you can do it from here: ImageShack

PS: You can find your config here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\"Your name" .

Edited by Fearless Staff

• 8 months later...

Nevermind. I found my demo. Now how to play it? I'm doing something wrong as far as putting the demo in the correct folder (making the correct folder first). I do not have a folder called Modwarfare like many tutorial vids on you tube have. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5.

Edited by EnderWiggin

Here is what my CoD4 folder looks like. I've made the demo0000 file. I haven't been able to view it yet b/c CoD4 can't find the darn thing. I've taken turns putting the file in different folders and diff folders within folders. post-10803-0-46212900-1361201771_thumb.png

Anyway, the demo shows a player using a hack.

Edited by EnderWiggin

• 1 month later...

I know how to take demos and screen shots. I don't know how to play back demos.  the Cod4 demoplayer doesn't run on mac. So that option is out. I'd like to run them from CoD4 using the console command.

When I try to run the demo, it can't find it. I know I am putting the demo file in the wrong place. I know where everyone else puts it. But I don't have the folder "modwarfare" which is mentioned in the tutorial. I've created a folder with that name and put demos in it to no avail. I've used trial and error to move demo files into different folders to no avail.

here is a sreenshot of my Cod4 folder. when i record a demo, it is automatically put in Main>>demos. you see the Main folder in the screenshot. Again, trying to run the demos using console results in demo not being found. 

It' a hassle because I can never preview a demo of a (alleged) cheater before posting it. I've made some mistakes by accusing the wrong person by posting the wrong demo. And my credibility with the prosecutor is going south. Please help me be an upstanding citizen.

post-10803-0-82999800-1364315134_thumb.png

PS. sorry for spamming my question, but there must be someone out there who knows. 

/stoprecord will stop the playback? so then i can get out of Mods and start up a regular multiplayer game? Right now, I have to quit the program to get out of the play back.

I don't know if it is different in Mac (PC Masterrace speaking) but /stoprecord only stops the recording and not the playback of a demo... If it is the same way on Mac /disconnect should send you back to the main menu with the mod still loaded.

• Like 1

I don't know if it is different in Mac (PC Masterrace speaking) but /stoprecord only stops the recording and not the playback of a demo... If it is the same way on Mac /disconnect should send you back to the main menu with the mod still loaded.

Sweet. Thank you.