Greatest general of all times

castlin

This is a topic suggested by Annibal. Well, his name says it all. The great phoenician general shook Rome, but didn't dare to attack it allthough he put it under siege. I myself vote for Napoleon, the french general then Emperor. He fought in Africa, in Asia, and ruled over Europe, all this in 10 years in the beginning of the 19th century. What about your favorite general ?

Castlin

• Like 1

Napoelon I/De Gaulle I think, both were great generals and built french history.

Of course De Gaulle ! A great political figure ! And a great general too ! He did not organize many battles in his life though !

Patton. Brilliant strategist. Led his troops the way troops need to be led. Screw the PC games of the world and got down to the business that needed to be done. He was brutal to the troops, but those soldiers were all on the same page to get the job done. And that was only possible through his leadership. Omar Bradley is right there with him.

You don't get tanks named after you for being a pussy.

Patton. Brilliant strategist. Led his troops the way troops need to be led. Screw the PC games of the world and got down to the business that needed to be done. He was brutal to the troops, but those soldiers were all on the same page to get the job done. And that was only possible through his leadership. Omar Bradley is right there with him.

You don't get tanks named after you for being a pussy.

Patton, bright beginning... sad end. But isn't it the fate of all ?

Of course De Gaulle ! A great political figure ! And a great general too ! He did not organize many battles in his life though !

The few he organized were decisive :)

• Like 1

The few he organized were decisive :)

Quality, not quantity ! I like !

The only wars that are really won, are the ones which are not fought.

Patton for me too....and the his actitude...great and never had afraid to be whit the troops on the field...thats the most important

Give the example :)