Server crash and other problems.

/gh.o.st

As wise person once said that "We try to make order out of the chaos." I was simply suggesting that these ping spikes/drops that occur for everyone and are maintained throughout the game could be related, because they occur with multiple games and server software. There has to be something. A friend told me that with the increase in the use of the internet worldwide that this would cause the ping to increase (something like that) but I thought that was little far out.

The master server theory, where the server is based and functions, is what I was discrediting and saying had no impact whatsoever with the ping. Therefore I agree with you on this.

Thank you for the clarification regarding the winMTR. What's the difference between this and pingblotter or any other program used to record packet transfer?

Hope this doesn't come off cocky. :P

The fact that other games lag as well is in no way connected to this issue. Other games might lag because of computer performance issues or overloaded servers or simply because you are downloading something in the background. Datacenters have enough resources to make sure that pings do not increase with the increase of internet usage.

MTR is an open source project, industry standard and easy to handle. That's the reason.

• Like 1

The fact that other games lag as well is in no way connected to this issue. Other games might lag because of computer performance issues or overloaded servers or simply because you are downloading something in the background. Datacenters have enough resources to make sure that pings do not increase with the increase of internet usage.

MTR is an open source project, industry standard and easy to handle. That's the reason.

As you can see I am not a lifetime devoted gamer and thus do not understand the ins and outs of the gaming world and its language. I was just trying to help. Thank you. :)

• Administrators

I might revert the rcon ddos patch and see if that fixes the issue.. issue is if few players can send me winMTR report then I can check if it's network issue or not.

Please post your winMTR report in this topic asap.

Thanks

HC Abnerdog just crashed. Could have been DD rebooting it but everyone crashed out..

just reporting