Other Roster getting sexy

Dixus

A made a simple request. Update your location in your profile! :)

Because many didnt (including founders!!!) and dare also asked for such a functionality, i uploaded 100.000 rows of ip ranges in our database. this took about 5 hours! I needed to install a local php server with a php sql script to get this running lol. (server timeouts..)

The rows look like this:

"3739574272","3739680767","JP","JPN","JAPAN"

so if someone has an IP in this a range means he comes from japan. Also the country codes are in there :) We need this lookup table because it would be tooooo slow to make a kind of whois every time.

I found some nice flags images that are named by the country code! So i can render the images without any trouble by the country code that i get from the database for everybodies ip.

So if someone didnt add a location... i add the country automatically. And its flag.

We also have now a complete overview from which countries our members come from. You can read the total count at the bottom of the page.

I made the roster W3C XHTML strict so there shouldnt be any problems in any browsers anymore!

click =F|A= Roster on upper right or use the direct link: http://www.fearless-assassins.com/roster

Its a bit slow at the moment. I imported the country data twice by accitent. I need to fix that and create some indexes. Should be faster then.

Also new. The navigation at the top. Here we have a overview about our ranks and teams.

For now Enjoy!

AND Ryan! You are from Barbados! I hate you for that lol. I want to live there too!

Great job but maybe add scrim team members as well? If it wouldn't be too much work?

scrim team is there... http://fearless-assassins.com/roster/?action=Scrim%20Team

if you arent listed talk with your master. your level isnt set correctly... or arent you a clan member? your profile says just "member" which means forum member..

• Administrators

Great job but maybe add scrim team members as well? If it wouldn't be too much work?

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/3203-forums-private-access/

No replies :P

Dixus that flags are awesome :D:thanks

muhaha. yw! :)

the index is created. works faster now.

I need to update the IP / country lookup table. I still wait for a bugfix in the current one. (emlocker is the only one that got no flag). They have some missing ranges for South Africa.

fixed soon.

ty for the flowers guys.

some news. i changed the roster genearation. I create now pure html files to minimize db traffic. it is pretty fast now. i also testing with cache stuff.

I will set up a cronjob that regenerates the roster files daily. The generation can be started by a url :)

WOW it is fast now, this afternoon at work was really hard to load the roster page I thought it was the pc cos it's old one, now I'm at home it's completely different when hit roster it's load faster then the forum :blink: