COD4 Help Please

Ken

Hey Gang,

So my COD4 on my mac has been giving me some issues over the last week so I am going to be un-instaling, than reinstalling it.

I need to know what files I need to save, I really don't want to start from the beginning again. I am on a Mac (macbook air).

I have looked on the internet and can seem to find the information that I need.

If someone could please help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Okay, I had the same problem. What you need to do is find the root folder for CoD. It should be in Applications. When you find it, go to a folder titled "Call of Duty 4 Data". Next, open "players", then "profiles". You should find your user there. Just copy and paste that into your new install :D

I have looked all through my COD4 folder and have not found this "players folder"

Also when I do a search there is no folder.

Even going through the hidden files, I can't seem to find it.

gallery_8070_441_460927.png

scroll down to "call of duty 4 data" In Windows there is a folder called players > profiles > ProfileName > and then all the data files for that profile

post a screenshot if you cant find it

Edited by CaulkLiquor

I would search your entire drive for your player profile name. Windows 7 stores the player profiles in a "virtual store" folder. Mac may do the same?

scroll down to "call of duty 4 data" In Windows there is a folder called players > profiles > ProfileName > and then all the data files for that profile

post a screenshot if you cant find it

Went threw every file, both hidden and not in my COD4 folder, and every file created on date I downloaded COD4.

Here is a screen shot of every single file in the folder, maybe I am just completely blind.

I have done a full system search for this folder and even went threw all my files of the day.

gallery_8070_441_301884.png

gallery_8070_441_371745.png

gallery_8070_441_428399.png

gallery_8070_441_164555.png

gallery_8070_441_363902.png

gallery_8070_441_478061.png

gallery_8070_441_411178.png

gallery_8070_441_235112.png

gallery_8070_441_34561.png

gallery_8070_441_143326.png

gallery_8070_441_82140.png

gallery_8070_441_216184.png

gallery_8070_441_103562.png

/Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/players/

If it isn't there, aka if you have the Mac App Store version of the game, simply

And please, it's not MAC, but Mac. MAC is short for Media Access Control, Mac is short for Macintosh.

Terribly sorry for the miss use of "MAC", main reasons for full capitalization was to ensure that fellow members understood this was a Mac issue. I spent an hour on the internet, even using "Mac" directly in my search and still getting a majority of Microsoft pages and help. The Mac help that I did find did not work.

My versions is from the Mac App Store, I got it for a steal $4.99CDN. I will try your suggestion next. Will files automatically be moved to this folder or is there a trick?

Much Thanks.

This is what I did following that link and video provided.

gallery_8070_441_292621.png

So after creating this folder and starting COD4, there was no files transferred to this new folder.

Execute the following in your Mac's Terminal:

find / -name mpdata 2>/dev/null

Thank you so much, I found it!

Now all I have to do is copy and than paste it back into this folder after I have reinstalled the game?

Thank you so much, I found it!

Now all I have to do is copy and than paste it back into this folder after I have reinstalled the game?

Yes, it should work that way on your Mac. Mind sharing the location of the folder?

Sure, so started at Mac computer

Macintosh HD>Users>KEN(My slot)>Library(There is actually 2 libraries, this is the hidden one)>Application Support>Call of Duty 4>players>profiles>Ken

The main COD4 folder has none of this, as stated above this is a hidden folder.

In my regular library it has some folders in application support, but this one has more, and more importantly the one I needed.

This COD4 folder is also a lot smaller, it has only a few folders and files.

ALso I have found all my demos that I have been taking, now once I reinstall, I will be actually able to use that function.