Invalid GUID?

Hysteria

Hello guys i was playing today on Jay1 and i had to eat so i closed the game.

Now i'm back and i can't join Jay1 because on a Invalid GUID

this is the exact error:

You have an ivalid GUID. This might be a temporary problem, and you should try reconnecting.

Hope that someone can help me, thanks

If i look in my ETmain folder i can't find etkey anymore so that means that i have to generate a etkey again and get my xp also back?

if i look to my etmain folder i can't find my etkey anymore does that mean that my etkey has been deleted and that i need to generate 1 again and get my xp also back?

Can't find my Etkey in my etmain folder does that mean that i need to generate 1 again and that my xp will be removed?

post-8788-0-13879600-1335806726_thumb.png

Edited by Hysteria

If you have no etkey, you will require a new one, and will have to earn your XP etc again.

I cannot stress enough why it is so important to BACKUP YOUR ETKEY before things like this happen.

You can get your new etkey here: http://fearless-assassins.com/etkey-enemy-territory/

etkey may have become corrupted. You could run windows System Restore if You had alot of xpsaved.

Start\ All Programs\ Accessories\ System Tools: System Restore. This will restore old XP.

So, you say that EtKey file remove itself ? In this case, you have to do a system restore. Nothing more :)

go to control panel, folder options, make sure show hidden files and folders is on.

go to your root pc, (C:), Users, Your pc name: Appdata. Local, PunkBuster, ET, look in that folder for another ETMain folder. if its not there. make one, copy the ET key you will have in both these etmain folders.

start up et, go to "play online" or so. enable PB from there. and you should have a GUID then. if that doesn't work, i'd have no freaking clue.