Police: OKC Woman Threatens To Blow Up OG&E Due To $14 Electricity Bill

TulsaGeoff

http://www.news9.com/story/17709936/police-okc-woman-threatens-to-blow-up-oge-due-to-electricity-bill

17709936_BG1.jpg Reed was enjoying her Tuesday afternoon until she learned she was charged with the felony of making a bomb threat.

OKLAHOMA CITY -

An Oklahoma City woman is facing a felony charge after being accused of threatening to blow up OG&E.

It all started with a look at the electric bill. Apparently, it was a bit too high for the customer. So, she picked up the phone, called OG&E and admits things got ugly.

"I remember flipping out, but I don't really remember what was said," OG&E customer Deidra Reed said.

Reed was enjoying her Tuesday afternoon until she learned she was charged with the felony of making a bomb threat. Earlier in April, police say Reed called OG&E and said, "I am going to blow OG&E up cause ya'll are charging me for electric I haven't used."

Investigators say the call was never recorded, but the employee on the other end of the line will testify against Reed in court.

"The detective actually told me he heard [the call to OG&E], so I can't really argue with it if it's me," Reed said.

Police say Reed has a history with threats. In 2011, she was accused of making yet another bomb threat. However, she wasn't charged.

"I don't have a criminal record," Reed said. "I'm struggling to pay $40 a month for rent. How the hell am I to buy some bomb equipment. I don't even know how to make a bomb."

Reed says she wishes she would have done things differently. As for that electric bill, she is still not convinced she should have to pay. Reed is protesting a bill in the amount of $14.

Reed says she has learned a lesson from this experience. With an arrest looming, that lesson could far from over. Reed says she has apologized to OG&E for her behavior.

OG&E could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

WTF... Really?