Recent book you've read

BunnyBabe

So I've read Paulo Coelho's "Na margem do rio Piedra eu sentei e chorei" and it was okay, but not very special. And for me, it had too much catholic things that it was kinda negative thing. Vigdis Grimsdóttir's "Thögnin" was a bit dissapointing for me, it wasn't as great as one another book I read from the same author. I felt it was a bit boring and I have forgotten a lot what actually happened in that book, even though I read it couple of days ago.. I also read Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse and it was as Woolf's other books: fine, but not that different that it had changed my life.

I also read Sookie Stackhouse -serie books 1,2,3,4,5 again, those are kinda fast to read. I like the serie a lot. It's too bad that other than those books aren't yet translated into finnish.. So I try to find those other Sookie books from internet.. Maybe I need to read them on my computer in english. I haven't read books in english for some years so it will take longer to read those..( I haven't used my english skills for years so I got to practise :P ) From those 5 books, the 5th is my favourite (because ERIC!<3)

Ha. Tomorrow I need to go to library and lean a lot of books! I'll try to find some that you've listed down on this topic. But not James Joyce's Ulysses this time - I'm gonna read something light. :yahoo

Edited by BunnyBabe

Not currently reading these books because I am waiting for the next one to come out!

Lee Child has written a series of 16 Jack Reacher novels. Extremely well written and action packed.

The first book in the series is the "Killing Floor", start with this one. One of the novels, "One Shot" will be released as a movie early next year starring Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

I read a LOT and place the Lee Child books at the very top of my list of favorite books.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

• Like 1

Hmmm... You have all listed some books that I have never heard of.

I particularly like any of the books by Dean Koontz. I must say though that his earlier books are much better of a read than his newer ones.

Also if you are looking for a good series I would go with Patrick Rothfuss and his books, The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear. Both excellent reads. This is a trilogy and the third book has yet to be released.

Also, running is something I love doing. I just finished Performance nutrition for Runners. I highly recommend this book to any runners, trail or street. It is packed with not only what you should be eating, but why you should and how it works with your system.

Just my two-pence.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in aspects of ethic and religiousness (I think I just made up a new word but I hope you see my point), and in cause of that I tend to read books containing different opinions whether there is 'something unusual above us' or not. God's existence is a issue that always took the sleep from my eyes and I spent long nights thinking about it.

Since about 2 years from now I call myself a happy atheist, I don't believe in god or supernatural being of any kind. Since my knowledge of english language is lacking basic phrases I may not be a good partner in discussion while speaking in english, but believe(oh irony!) me that I can talk long hours in my motherlanguage, arguing and discussing with opponents.

I would like to recommend you a book by Richard Dawkins called "The God Delusion" showing all aspects of parochial way of thinking. I can't descibe it any further, I just oblige you to read it to perhaps review your point of seeing things like faith or existence of 'supernatural thing that pushed everything forward'.

You can check it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion but obviously I recommend you other books of Dawkins besides this one.

The Lord Of The Rings: Trilogy, I guess it's my favorite book and the one I recently read. I would also recommend The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco. It's like a criminal and ambiguous book with a lot of worthy moral. ;)

Me too! :D For the second time, so guess I agree ;)

Would also recommend José Saramago-City of the Blind (I translated the Dutch titel so it could be a little different).

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I'm reading When Rabbit Howls. Incredible book, but it's a very tough read for some, both due to the language and the content. It's basically a semi-autobiography (part was written by her, part was not) of a woman with DID, or dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as multiple personality disorder). It's great for people interested in psychology, but for anyone else it can tend to be pretty boring. I will say though, she describes the abuse that happened to her when she was younger, and some of the things in that book could mortify the strongest of people. I don't recommend it if you are easily scarred or freaked out.

• 5 months later...

The last book i read was number tom clancys dead or alive but at the moment i am really busy with writing myself and doing other stuff, so i don't really have time to read...

I went to several Poetry Slams, wrote some short stories and am now on the way to write a whole book :D

Lets see if it works out and will even be published ...

• 3 weeks later...