Recent book you've read

BunnyBabe

Just got done reading The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. I think I could write like Hemingway, too. "We went to this town, ate, and drank something. Then we moved on and drank somewhere else. Awoke the next morning and drank something..."

Maybe I just don't get him, or the two that I've read of him (also A Moveable Feast) weren't the best picks. 

I also finished A Light In August by William Faulkner and I liked that one much better. I think I have a soft spot for the early 1900's South. Steinbeck is also a favorite author of mine. 

• Like 1

Daemon by Daniel Suarez finished whole series first 2 books amazing 3rd goes a bit too far imo but still pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0451228731/ref=asc_df_04512287313180506?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-1583-86-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=0451228731

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading The Shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz ZAFON, really nice book but i'm reading it in english and so i have to translate a lot of words and traslate them into french, it takes time.

• Clan Friend

I'm reading The Shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz ZAFON, really nice book but i'm reading it in english and so i have to translate a lot of words and traslate them into french, it takes time.

I think you should look up only those words which prevent you from understanding key points, or when you are really curious abuot their meaning, otherwise it would be less enjoable to read

I'm listening to the audiobooks of 'Das Lied von Eis und Feuer' (Game of Thrones) in German, and I'm far from being able to understand *all* the words, but I still enjoy the story even if my word 'coverage' is like 80%-90% of the text

edit:

p.s.

If you do it to learn the language, it's probably ok... boring, but it counts as study.

I've read 'welcome to the nhk' in Japanese, and I had to look up every other word

Edited by SunLight

• 3 weeks later...

Just got done reading The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. I think I could write like Hemingway, too. "We went to this town, ate, and drank something. Then we moved on and drank somewhere else. Awoke the next morning and drank something..."

Maybe I just don't get him, or the two that I've read of him (also A Moveable Feast) weren't the best picks. 

I also finished A Light In August by William Faulkner and I liked that one much better. I think I have a soft spot for the early 1900's South. Steinbeck is also a favorite author of mine. 

Try "For whom the bell tolls". I loved that book. Having said that, Hemingway is a very distinctive style, some people don't like it.

I'm reading "Lawrence in Arabia" atm, fascinating look at T.E. Lawrence and the leadup to and the events of WW1

• 4 weeks later...

what is this 'book' im hearing of? i have never heard of such a device.....

book-what-is-thisbook.jpg

but all jokes aside, a lil while ago i had spent a few days in jail :/ but i read some book with a private investigator in it and another book that had a Dark Elf in it. i forgot the names of both books tho obviously lol. but the one with the Dark Elf was friggin awesome! found out that its a very very popular series of books. maybe you might be able to fill me in on what its called....