Little lag spikes

Raziel

I have no idea what this is, continuous little green spikes after I connect on any server, making it unplayable.

screenpost-1542-0-09684900-1334855425_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Using Windows 7? Check your CPU or HD usage. Some process is causing the issue..

Which process is using most HD? U can check in resource manager in windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I updated my WIn7 to SP1 (finally though I had a workaround to do) , ended some services in order to get those svchost processes lowered... strangely enough, it seemed to be fine after every single change I made, but when I connect the next day, it is lagging again.

looking at the lago meter its a pc/connection problem, while ingame open taskmanager, and kill processes you dont need but which start when you start windows for example pb, download/music programs or any other stuff that is running but not needed to play ET or keep the pc running.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Try to monitor your HD and CPU usage while playing and check which process is causing the issue. Norton can be cause of issue many times.. i have faced similar problem before with norton.

• Administrators

Hmm the only process I can think of now is that avp.exe which is Kaspersky.

Try to disable kaspersky while playing and see if it fixes the issue.