Ever owned exotic pets?

BurstAero

I had a female iguana for eight years. Got her when she was about 8 inches long. She got about four feet long (nose to tip of tail). Females can get pretty tame, and they're smart enough to recognize different people. She was very trusting and even affectionate towards me, but often skitterish towards people she perceived as strangers, especially if I wasn't in the room with them. Unfortunately, she inhaled some of her food one day, developed aspiration pnumonia and passed away. Exotics are tricky to deal with... takes a lot of research, patience and money (medical bills are usually a little on the high side). Still, I'm currently considering getting a chameleon (either a Veiled or Panther), and my wife and I are planning on setting up a marine aquarium in the next couple years. We're currently in the research/saving up cash phase right now.

Damn, that sucks your iguana died, especially like that...sounds like a nice pet to have too.

Me and my grandmother had tons of different birds! Including a beautiful pink and yello cockatoo, a white and yellow cockatoo, tons of parakeets and cockateils, a minituare african grey, 3 different parrots, and a variety of others! I think birds are amazing creatures, very very intelligent and lovable!

I have 2 chinchillas and 2 spermophilus richardsonii. Those 4 are like children to me, and I keep them daily free on a room and have time playing with them. I wish I could keep them always free, but they'd eat my furniture and everything they find.. They are so funny and unique persons. And very curious! Sometimes they steal my panties and try to carry them to their nest.. :D

I've always wanted to have exotic birds, all kinds of cockatoos and parakeets are very beautiful and wise.. Only bad thing in exotic animals is that we have to keep them in cage.. I feel so bad to lock animals in the cages but can't help that. At least they should have a nice life when they get food and fresh water daily and no need to watch out for scary beasts as in nature..