Crash Crash crash....

FeM

ahhh old problem i used to have, uninstall ET or formating nothing BUT at the end it was a virus even after formating cos the virus was in my backup files ...

Try a virus scan and use a powerfull one ... NOD32 OR KAspersky

only crashes when you join a server, not when you open game?

is there anything in the ET launcher box telling you you have an error?

make sure you have PB updated.

see if it will crash when you host game?

if you are running a firewall while you play make sure punkbusterA and punkbusterB and ET.exe are fully cleared to do whatever they want to do.

what error messages do you get from the game? any?

a clean reinstall might do it but i would try other stuff first =p

only crashes when you join a server, not when you open game?

Crashed a few seconds after I got in the server

is there anything in the ET launcher box telling you you have an error?

Nope.. no error no nothing... just crashed

make sure you have PB updated.

PB updated everything checked.. but still crashed

see if it will crash when you host game?

Havent tried that

if you are running a firewall while you play make sure punkbusterA and punkbusterB and ET.exe are fully cleared to do whatever they want to do.

A and B?? LOL didnt even know there was an alphabet of PB

what error messages do you get from the game? any?

No errors.... just... "The program ET has stopped working.. windows will find a solution to your problem" kinda thing

a clean reinstall might do it but i would try other stuff first =p

uninstalled, deleted, reinstalled, updated... CRASHED...

I've turned off the minimizer... and I could play a map.... it could have been the minimizer conflicting with something???? anyone had this problem before??? :confused

well if it works without the minimizer then... i'd say it could be the problem =p

i've never used etmin -- i have a bind to switch from fullscreen/windowed instead so i dunno if that is a problem.. i used to use a patch selector but after a few etpub version updates it's been really buggy for me so maybe a new etpub version or something is incompatible with the minimizer too?

yeah PB has two background processes pb A and pb B yu'll see them in your task manager if you look. as long as they aren't blocked by firewall it's cool.

my best guess is too bad et minimizer doesn't work anymore =p

can I "borrow" your bind for the windows?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Fullscreen Toggle
//	toggles between full screen and windowed view
//	* set game resolution less than desktop!
//	* restarts video!
// binds	w

set window "set r_fullscreen 0; set togScreen vstr fullscreen; vid_restart;"		
set fullscreen "set r_fullscreen 1; set togScreen vstr window;vid_restart;"		
set togScreen "vstr window"		// set first toggle

unbind w				                
bind w "vstr togScreen"			// bind key to toggle

then just hit the windows button or alt-tab to select the desktop instead of the windowed ET.

how do I make sure that they are unblocked???

if you have some firewall running look at it's list of programs and what your firewall thinks of them. tell your firewall that they are very nice and trusty. or turn off your firewall while you play.

if you're not sure if you have a firewall go to control panel and there should be a windows firewall icon - you can turn it off ( not really a good firewall anyway ) or restore default settings and go through all the pop-ups when programs try to go online and tell windows that ET and PB are your friends.

as it is said --

vista "for the lose"

lol i didn't know that vista acted that way.. it's neccessary line of script to go from window / fullscreen though as no changes are made to video settings until a vid_restart.

fem, if you found that virus on your machine yeah you should do some sort of full scan and recovery =|

• Administrators

Works fine with me :D Never had any problem with vista. More or less crysis sucks on win xp.

@FEM try Mcafee. Never had any virus problem since last 10 years. Used norton once and i had to format twice lol.

Try to disable/clear system restore files and re-run the scan. I suggest to use lavasoft since it 's free. I have 3 licensed user Mcafee and only 1 is used. If you don't have one PM me and I will pass on 1 license :P

PS Evenbalance did had fix for win API but it doesn't work perfectly well most of the time.

also here Vista sp1 64 ... never have trouble with ;)

But i think what we need here is topic for this forum Tutorial to how tweak your OS for gaming ... Cos after fresh install of vista i always spend 1 hour tweaking and stopping all useless thing i dont need start by services and ending by applying some reg files for useful stuff

@FeM i told you maybe a Virus :x So just clean up with Nod32 or Kaspersky some others are nice but not enough like nod32 and kaspersky