Which CoD game should I get?

Chuckun

Question

Ok so I'm guessing CoD 4 is the most popular but I know it's not the most recent.. (2008?)...

I am considering getting some other games than ET (not 100% sure yet).. But which would be the one to go for? I know nothing about CoD so !help xD

Chuck

You should be able to put the serial number on Steam and download CoD4 from there

Would I have to run it from Steam then or can it be run manually still? Sorry, I know feck all about Steam etc..

Would I have to run it from Steam then or can it be run manually still? Sorry, I know feck all about Steam etc..

You could run from Steam, but if you install the CoD4 version changer you can use that to play CoD4 with.. it somehow doesn't open with Steam then =P You can play 1.6 and 1.7 versions that way, Steam is just 1.7.

I run it from Steam when I want to play 1.7 and run version changer for 1.6

• Like 1

You could run from Steam, but if you install the CoD4 version changer you can use that to play CoD4 with.. it somehow doesn't open with Steam then =P You can play 1.6 and 1.7 versions that way, Steam is just 1.7.

I run it from Steam when I want to play 1.7 and run version changer for 1.6

Thanks for the info :D

I quit the download since it was only @ 14% after about 6 hours.. I'd rather use steam because if I remember correctly I can pause and resume downloads with Steam :) Whereas the 'Ztorm Mini Downloader' had no ability to pause or anything.

Could you link me to the version changer you mentioned? I know some people have had problems with patch selectors so I wanna be sure to use one that works :)

Chuck

Thanks for the info :D

I quit the download since it was only @ 14% after about 6 hours.. I'd rather use steam because if I remember correctly I can pause and resume downloads with Steam :) Whereas the 'Ztorm Mini Downloader' had no ability to pause or anything.

Could you link me to the version changer you mentioned? I know some people have had problems with patch selectors so I wanna be sure to use one that works :)

Chuck

Yeah you can pause and resume downloads with steam

Download this one: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/26-cod4-patch-selector/

Only thing you gotta do is download it, install it, click on 1.6 or 1.7 and you can enter server

If it doesn't work for some people and they did buy/install the game from Steam.. then they obviously did something wrong hehe or they try to use the other fail changer =P Because there's nothing wrong with this one

GODDAMNIT!

Using the product activation key I received from Gamestation, Steam doesn't recognise it at all when clicking "Activate a Product on Steam".. Am I missing something? :/

EDIT: Everyone online is saying that you cant register / download CoD4 from steam unless you bought it from them. -.- Now I'm stuck :(

EDIT2: Now all I can think of is downloading it from Softonic or something.. which still gives me no pause/resume option even if I were to use my download manager because they have session control. :(

GODDAMNIT!

Using the product activation key I received from Gamestation, Steam doesn't recognise it at all when clicking "Activate a Product on Steam".. Am I missing something? :/

EDIT: Everyone online is saying that you cant register / download CoD4 from steam unless you bought it from them. -.- Now I'm stuck :(

EDIT2: Now all I can think of is downloading it from Softonic or something.. which still gives me no pause/resume option even if I were to use my download manager because they have session control. :(

Just leave your pc on the whole night and let it download =P

Just leave your pc on the whole night and let it download =P

Already tried that and it timed out & downloader crashed @ 50%.. Hence why I need something more reliable with pause/resume ability..

Can't you borrow the DVD from someone else? Since you have your own key, borrowing the software can be (depending on the country) legal.

Edited by rolf

Can't you borrow the DVD from someone else? Since you have your own key, borrowing the software can be (depending on the country) legal.

Would be completely legal if I knew anyone who had it :P Even so, it'd cost me about the price of the disc anyway to get to anyone who did have it :P Oh the joys of living in the countryside!

Cod4. Mw2 is practically dead, black ops isn't as good as Cod4, and mw3 is pathetic, it doesn't even deserve to be called a videogame. It's more like... mw2.5. Go for Cod4, better weapon balance, better gameplay, more fun.

Ok since the download failed AGAIN due to loose power cord last night, I decided to search for a torrent. Found one with iso + crack but obviously I dont want the crack or anything since I have a genuine activation key so I'm just getting the iso part.. Hopefully the ISO is clean and wont get me banned when I enter F|A servers lol.

Ok since the download failed AGAIN due to loose power cord last night, I decided to search for a torrent. Found one with iso + crack but obviously I dont want the crack or anything since I have a genuine activation key so I'm just getting the iso part.. Hopefully the ISO is clean and wont get me banned when I enter F|A servers lol.

It shouldn't (at least I don't think it would), it's just a copy of the game disc and since you purchased a legitimate key I don't think it'll be a problem...but don't quote me on that...

Edit: also, hurry up nub I need someone who is worse than me so I can rebuild my confidence and go back to only kind-of getting completely dominated all the time :P

• Like 1

Edit: also, hurry up nub I need someone who is worse than me so I can rebuild my confidence and go back to only kind-of getting completely dominated all the time :P

I thought that's why we have speed? :hmm

Anyway, I am still an easy target for you, you just have to come on servers when I am calling you!

• Like 1