Sign in to follow this  
{DoG}Jarheadurpukes

punkbuster api problem

Question

I can't connect to et at all anywhere, with the exeption of servers that don't run punkbuster. I've been told by friend that I'm being disconnected for an api issue. The only problem is that the only message I get is "Server disconnected for unknown reason." I updated my drivers and as a last resort will reinstall et. I manually updated pb as well and checked /pb_cvarlist which came up clean.

The question is how do I locate my pb cdkey and save it so I don't loose my xp upon a fresh install. I'm running Windows XP 32 bit. I read up on this API issue and it say on many websites that its only related to Vista and Windows 7. Anyone have any suggestions ?

18 answers to this question

LOL they replied to my PB Authentication ticket after 2-3 months :P

LOL..2-3 months. That's kuality customer support.

Just an update. Not only does this problem seem to be associated with AVG, but one of my clan mates was running a program called threatfire that was resulting in the same API kick. He did try turning the program off, but was still kicked. It wasn't until after he uninstalled it could he play ET w/o problems. Hope this helps someone else. :)

The avg link scanner is garbage. I love using avg, but I always have to remember to do a custom install and disable the link scanner. That hook makes most of my internet surfing slow to a crawl.... even a Google search takes forever.

The avg link scanner is garbage. I love using avg, but I always have to remember to do a custom install and disable the link scanner. That hook makes most of my internet surfing slow to a crawl.... even a Google search takes forever.

I had threat fire too when I removed both that and the link scanner my problems were fixed.