How to aim better?

Frick

Use your keyboard to do most of your movements, with slight mouse usage. I have realized that this helps me out. Try to match the players movements, but also try and beat their movements, trying to confuse them. I still have a hard time dueling at distance, but when its close quarters I have a better chance of winning.

I've already noticed a difference in my aim reducing mouse speed even further :)

I also discovered how to write a sprint while firing script.. less finger confusion and I can dodge better now

Knowing is half the battle thank you so much!

• Clan Friend

while practicing that first vid.. I noticed something I never did before.

When strafing I noticed that when I change direction I still slide the way

if you see your aim is 'behind' when you switch direction, your mouse sensi is probably too low, if you see you tend to go past the target then it's probably 2 high.

By the way, you probably need to do it in spectator mode, because enemies don't stand still, they move. That means that when you track a real enemy, you have to move yor mouse faster (if he moves right and you move left). So either make it from close range like in the video, or make it from spectator to have more speed.

You should also try to aim somewhere else for an instant, then quickly switch back to the target. This will tell you if your mouse sens is good for 'point and shoot aiming' too.

and check if maybe your monitor has input lag, make a fast mouse move and see if it feels laggy or delayed, that would be a problem...

I also discovered how to write a sprint while firing script.. less finger confusion and I can dodge better now

if you don't use mouse2 for sniper rifle and rifle grenades, you could use your right mouse button to sprint. That's what I do, I can easily hold both if I want to sprint and shoot, shift is uncomfortable for me. But the script makes it even easier.

Another thing: try always to aim at head level when you move around. If an enemy appears, you will be aiming already at the right height.

good luck

Hi Frick, I practise from time to time with this three games:

http://www.camperstrike.co.uk/play.php (aiming with moving objects)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/shoot (fast change of target position)

http://www.missionred.com/games/reflexte.html (just practising mouse skills)

Good luck! :-)

• 1 month later...

also what you could do is find an config from someone and make your crosshaird different. i knowlots of people use a cyan crosshair that is short in hight and long in width with a smal dot. it helped me. also what u could do is hide your gun.

Crosshair= red dot and cg_crosshairsize 30.

and u should buy a new mouse and try these settings, sensitivity 1.8 m_pitch 0.01501 dpi 800. these r my settings and I think my aim is pretty good.

-Bob

• Clan Friend

also what you could do is find an config from someone and make your crosshaird different. i knowlots of people use a cyan crosshair that is short in hight and long in width with a smal dot. it helped me. also what u could do is hide your gun.

You mean crosshair #9?

It's nice, but when they hit you I think it's much easier to guess where you are aiming when your crosshair is very small

In general I think it's a matter of personal preference, otherwise everyone would use mAus cfg, or some other top aimer's :)

In my case I have seen that regardless of sensitivity and all, my aim is not as good as I wish, and I don't think I will ever aim better than this, after all there are different classes of skill, and we can't be all #1

The only thing I could try is a different mouse with a different weight/shape. And of course getting 125 steady fps and having a low ping would be a skill boost for me as well.

I have problems of friction and control, and I can't find a setting that makes me aim equally well in long and close range, maybe I should use 2 different sens.

With high sens I have problems with friction on the mouse pad, low sens is too slow, so I'm never happy.

I don't think I can get less friction than the one I have, with glass pad + teflon mouse feet, at most I could lubricate it :D

I think mouse sensors are a bit overrated, if you can't move your mouse physically in the proper way, why bothering about the mouse sensor reading a movement that is already wrong in the first place

And sensitivity is overrated too, when I don't aim well is most of the time because of friction on the mouse pad (if I use highsens), fps lags, not to mention brain which is the #1 reason for not aiming well (reaction times, hand-eye coordination, prediction, in other words skill)

Mouse sens can amplify or reduce your movements, but if you move in the wrong direction, no mouse sens can make you aim well

m_pitch 0.015001

cl_pitchspeed 0

cl_yawspeed 0

mouse sensitive low, but fast enough to be able to turn and get some1 shooting from behind :)

allways aim to the head!!