Install Wolfenstein ET in linux

foley

Hello

Our machine has been hacked 2 days ago, it uses linux and we are having problems installing wolfenstein enemy territory on it. It should be easy, we have to install it and then put our backup files from the jaymod server, but we cant.

The error we get this:

./setup.sh : line 143: 25598 Cancelado "$setup" "$@" 2>> $NULL

The setup program seems to have failed on x86/glibc-2.1

Im not very good at linux so i dont know what that error means.

Can someone help me?

Thanks ;)

Edited by foley

• Clan Friend

Could you please give more details, like, is it 32 or 64 bits o/s? Which Linux distro, and which ET version (is it 2.60?) Do you have other error lines before that, or that is all the output you get?

I think for 64 bits you have to install some package first

@foley: in your original link you had :81 behind it, if that was removed it would work too :) Furthermore, you might consider updating your Ubuntu, 8.04 is quite old. And if I remember correctly, sudo sh et...run would work too, without ./ in front of et. But I guess that isn't part of the problem.

Anyway, since it cancels on glibc, can you confirm which version of glibc you have installed? Or better, can you update glibc? do "sudo apt-get install glibc" and remember/write down/post here the version of glibc you're about to install. Check again after that :)

I'm currently downloading ET too, to figure out what happens on line 143 :P

EDIT:

script is useless, 143 refers to something in the code itself. In the script, the first 329 lines are the script, after that there is a huge list of binary things which are not readable. Install glibc correctly, and then let us know if it works or on what it crashes.

Edited by rolf

Hi rolf, thanks for your help, i have done "sudo apt-get install glibc" and it says "glibc pack couldnt be found".

My provider is OVH and i dont know why it only has ubuntu 8.04 but i cant update :(

do "sudo apt-get search glibc", and install the glibc-someversionnumber

I can't really test it for you if it works (I'm proudly without Ubuntu these days), but I guess it was that command and google agrees with me.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-cache search glibc,

an older version where apt-get search didn't exists, so you first have to update the current package repo on your own pc, and then search in that repo. Told ya there is a reason why you shouldn't run 8.04 :P

@Krauer: in current Ubuntu apt-get search works too, I only forgot that 8.04 is old :P

Edited by rolf

Hmz, I know pretty sure that I got at least search working without apt-cache, but I'm not able to retry it anyhow. Probably I'm thinking about another linux distro.