Gas Protest

G!NG3R420

• Administrators

It will not work, you want the price of gas to go down then tell Obama to stop importing oil and start developing US resources once that happens the price will go down. Also price of gas in US is still way cheaper then in Canada so you guys have nothing to complain, only other way the price is going down is if the economy goes to the shit again. Supply and demand bitches.

• Like 5

Yeah, lets have Obama allow drilling in the gulf again and see how that turns out. I agree the whole importing is expensive, but it seems that some companies are incompetent to do it them selves.

Side note- Thank goodness USA doesnt buy in liters but in gallons. That would suck even more, my math is too poor to determine how many liters are in a gallon and then try to start converting everything and finding the price :P

1 gallon = 3.78541178 liters

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a push for natural gas, or hydroelectric cars, or something similar to the Prius in all of this.

Edited by Krayzie
  • Like 1

1 gallon = 3.78541178 liters

round that off to 2 decimals 3.79. 3.79 x 1.20=4.56. I have 20 dollars to spend, 20/4.56=4.36. so for 20ish dollars I could get 4.36 gallons which would get me 52 miles.

^^^^^ Headache waiting to happen :(

Seems like I would need a calculator as part of my car equipment so I can figure out how much I can afford.

I could get 4.36 gallons which would get me 52 miles.

As long as traffic is steady, and there is not anything that slows down your travel and causes more gas consumption like traffic jams or red lights..

You just can never get the general public to participate in these 'planned sit-outs'

I remember this same shit happened when Iraq started. Oh shit, gas has gone up! Tell everyone to boycott the pumps! *2 out of 3 breaks the boycott*

Wow, good job, team.

It's like a chain letter, the chain is almost always broken.

• Like 1

Also price of gas in US is still way cheaper then in Canada so you guys have nothing to complain, only other way the price is going down is if the economy goes to the shit again. Supply and demand bitches.

Gas is way cheaper than it is in most of the world. Right now in Germany, we pay around 7.59$ per gallon.

round that off to 2 decimals 3.79. 3.79 x 1.20=4.56. I have 20 dollars to spend, 20/4.56=4.36. so for 20ish dollars

I could get 4.36 gallons which would get me 52 miles.

lolwut nice MPG broski, do you drive a hummer? :exclaim

Edited by deadpnk

I agree that this won't work. This is on par with chain emails like "OMG SEND THIS TO 10 PEOPLE AND THE NAME OF YOUR CRUSH WILL APPEAR ON YOUR SCREEN" Like really? Some Magical force is going to take over my video card and monitor, and manipulate the pixels to spell out someone's name?

I enjoy replying to those messages and telling they're all idiots. :)

Even if people did this, and NOBODY bought gas, in that 72 hour period, you have a ton of sales before and after, by the time gas station sales are reported to the suppliers, nobody will even care because we'll be past that point.

Things like this are started by a fat, lazy bored housewife sitting at home all day with nothing better to do.

You want to really make this work? Stop buying gas for a year. Or more.

I'll be waving at you and your cold friends riding your bicycles through the snowstorm as I fill up the tank on my gas guzzling 350 smallblock Chevy Tahoe. :)

Edited by Antichrist
  • Like 2

lolwut nice MPG broski, do you drive a hummer? :exclaim

A broke ass jeep that gets like 13 mpg =/.

@anti-I know this wont work really, but hell its a good conversation starter is it not? I wish there was more to do about the gas prices yet its just what we all have to deal with. I use my car to get around and help take new soldiers around post to make sure they get settled. So I fill up like 3 times weekly. With a 25gallon tank it costs about 80ish bucks to fill up =/. Thats just part of teh bills you know.

Gas isn't that bad its only $1.33 :eek in Waterloo WTF!!! :mad I can't afford that!!!! :angry:

I protest and pledge that none of my families vehicle will pump gas on this day!

All 7 of our vehicle (there is nine of us... I ride the bus most of the year).

I support this cause :thumbsup