anova

Unknown

Hello, is here anyone who knows the software ANOVA, it's about statistics, i made research to BA paper and need to put the questionnaire's questions into that system. im looking for help :)

u're right Schlumpfine :P i still need to analyze my questionnaire which consists of 10 questions with the answers: a, b, c, d.

maybe i am wrong, but this test compares mean value of groups (dont know if this is working with letters).

maybe this link will help you.

http://www.physics.c...tats/anova.html

Edit: may i understand now. you ask (for example) 10 ppl a question and you wanna analyze the amount of answers.

for example:

how many cups of coffee they are drinking?

a: 1

b:2

c:3

d:4

and 4 ppl said 2 cups (B), 4 ppl said 1 cup (a), 1 said 3 © and 1 said 4 (d)

sth like this?

I know the anova function in the Matlab statistics toolbox. I don't know if you are using Matlab, but it was pretty straight forward. Usually Matlab offers a good Documentation (the least what you would expect probably when you look at the price oO) If you are interested, take a look here.

Maybe it also helps if you don't use Matlab.

Edit: But Schlumpf is the mathematician, I am just doing experiments ;)

i'll show u my questionnaire (10 questions for 20 teachers), could u look at it and tell me what tool should i use to analyze it?http://www.mediafire.com/?dh2ows3hhdgkwe0

I'd be very grateful if You help me with that.

maybe i am wrong, but this test compares mean value of groups (dont know if this is working with letters).

maybe this link will help you.

http://www.physics.c...tats/anova.html

Edit: may i understand now. you ask (for example) 10 ppl a question and you wanna analyze the amount of answers.

for example:

how many cups of coffee they are drinking?

a: 1

b:2

c:3

d:4

and 4 ppl said 2 cups ( B), 4 ppl said 1 cup (a), 1 said 3 © and 1 said 4 (d)

sth like this?

Yes exactly something like this, then to compare one question with another one, etc.

well, i will see if i can help you.

what is your goal? i mean, what you wanna analyze with your questionaire? i dont think the anova test is the correct test for your questionaire because in anova test you are comparing different groups and comparing mean value of groups. do you have to use the Anova test, is it recommened by your teacher?

it seems to be social science (statistic)?

i need results such as:

how many answers in % are a, b , c, d, e then i need to compare questions 3 with 10, 4 with 10, 6 with 10, 5 with 6, 1 with 10. compare means analyze it ( i will do it myself) but i need some charts, tables and so on with the results.

Yes, I already told him, I don't think that anova is the right thing for this kind of problem. I suggested to make some sort of evaluation with Excel for example. There is no need to learn a more advanced program to make things like that in my opinion.

• Like 2

i need results such as:

how many answers in % are a, b , c, d, e then i need to compare questions 3 with 10, 4 with 10, 6 with 10, 5 with 6, 1 with 10. compare means analyze it ( i will do it myself) but i need some charts, tables and so on with the results.

well, i have less knowledge about social science. i am sry, i cant help you here.

what charts are you looking for? ordinary you can use some circle diagram or sth like a mosaic plot.

tables:

you should use sth like a contingency table

contingency-table-shown-in.gif

Statistical programs are usually a little complicated if you have not used before or at least have basic knowledge about it. As Gubbi mentioned above, with excel is less complicated for presentation in tables and add the necessary fractions.