Xbox Died :<

TulsaGeoff

My Xbox finally passed. It worked perfectly and then the dreaded red ring happened on Saturday. I attempted to fix it by the removing the xbrackets (screwing down the heatsinks rather than the funky clamp) and replacing the TIM with MX-3 and even tried baking it at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. It still blinks red. I bought the xbox right when Halo 3 came out so it did have the upgraded GPU heatsink. I think I proved nerdier than ever to my GF when we saw me insulating the xbox motherboard with socks and towels and baking it. :lol

Oh yeah, and now I have to open the disc drive to retrieve my MW3 disk. Boo

And this is why 360's suck ass.

Sorry to hear it bro, I'd be devastated.. Hence why I just never bought one and let my console gaming side die..

My Xbox died twice after the warrenty, both times we told them "we paid good money and now our kids have nothing" and we got a new one a few weeks later.

That is a great idea.. And pretty decent of MS to sort it out after warranty.. I realise its more about reputation than actually caring but still, they have no obligation, so good on them!

I did that same fix on my 360 and it worked. The first time turning it on it still blinked red, but I left it for a bit and it worked.

My Xbox died twice after the warrenty, both times we told them "we paid good money and now our kids have nothing" and we got a new one a few weeks later.

Wow that's impressive. My neighbor tried and got denied. Did you open it up?

At least it's cheap relative to a PC. No argument on which is graphically better. It's actually the first console that I have ever had that has died and I've had a few. I've returned many high-end PC parts. I think I'm more disappointed that it didn't work after attempting to fix it..

I'd try a hot toast in the oven again 300-400F, but I think I'd rather shell out $180 than get lead poisoning or similar from the hazardous materials that the PCB is composed of.

No red ring of death for my fancy PS3 ;) Was never a fan of the Xbox line. Halo never fancied me either. Love the Blu-Ray that the ps3 comes with, and its shape is better I think. As well as graphics. Although comparable, PS3 always wins.

You could always do one of these with it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn3-uYUa1iw&feature=related

• Like 1

No red ring of death for my fancy PS3 ;) Was never a fan of the Xbox line. Halo never fancied me either. Love the Blu-Ray that the ps3 comes with, and its shape is better I think. As well as graphics. Although comparable, PS3 always wins.

You could always do one of these with it...

I have a PS3, It's main purpose is Netflix. I love the PS3's menus. Shooting it may not be a bad idea. I may keep it just for this purpose. wlEmoticon-xbox_73DBF48D.png:camper

Wow that's impressive. My neighbor tried and got denied. Did you open it up?

At least it's cheap relative to a PC. No argument on which is graphically better. It's actually the first console that I have ever had that has died and I've had a few. I've returned many high-end PC parts. I think I'm more disappointed that it didn't work after attempting to fix it..

I'd try a hot toast in the oven again 300-400F, but I think I'd rather shell out $180 than get lead poisoning or similar from the hazardous materials that the PCB is composed of.

No i never Opened/altered it, just told them and they asked for the number on the back and sent the E-Mail with the scan thing to us. Might have just been luck.

Well, Consolegaming is outdating hard now...

I use to be a consolegamer, but PC is now mine favorite gameplatform.

Mouse, Keyboard is all I need.

@Krayzie

Graphics are the same, the console can show 1080p, but games are developed max on 720p... no difference.

Edited by AlCapone :<