punkbuster kicked me today...very strange...help?

ReedLAb

Question

hey guys, punkbuster kicked me from the server today for 1 minute b/c i was missing "key packets"...i don't know what that means and why it happened. this is the 2nd time it has happened in the past few months, very strange...any ideas?

12 answers to this question

how do we update punkbuster

Google search punkbuster update or something.. Its on the evenbalance site and is a very simple update program that does evrrything for you :)

/moved to COD Series support since I assume you mean COD.. Please only use 'Ask Us' for miscellanious non-support issues :)

Losing Key Packets is a common problem with PB.. At least in ET it used to be.. I would run pb web update and pb service updater to ensure you're running the latest PB... Other than that you kinda just have to wait for EvenBalance to sort it..

• Administrators

Did u tried to update u PB?

I did not try because in trying to do updates on a mac before nothing happened. I figured rather than spend 30 min fiddling with something that ends up not doing anything i'd see if anyone had any success. Updates come thru the app store when there are any to be done but there havent been any for CoD4

• Administrators

Just download Mac OS version from here:

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

And then run the software and let it update? If you get any issues, let us know and we can help you.

Just download Mac OS version from here:

http://evenbalance.c...age=pbsetup.php

And then run the software and let it update? If you get any issues, let us know and we can help you.

That works just fine. No PB updates will ever come through the App Store and the game itself won't receive an update either.